Sneezing

eclectikat
on 2/4/11 12:05 pm - Canada
K all....

I am so worried about the surgery and afterwards whenever the first sneeze comes.

I sneeze alot at home. I have a wonderful wood stove but that makes it dusty! And I sneeze often... and when I sneeze its not dainty nor is it lady like...  It comes from the depths! I am so worried about damaging the healing process with the lap band inside and the port site. ANy thoughts any advice...
I was thinking of taking an antihistamine for 2 weeks following the procedure... but doubt that would totally solve the problem. Just wondering what othes with the lap band have experienced...

thanks for listening!

pre op kathy... March 1/11 big day!
Hislady
on 2/4/11 12:39 pm - Vancouver, WA
My best advise is keep a small pillow handy and hold it over your tummy when you sneeze. That will help keep from pulling on everything. If it's done laprascopically there shouldn't be much pull on the incisions because they aren't that big. Good luck!
Stephanie M.
on 2/4/11 10:25 pm
It's not that big of an issue...it will hurt a little, but not as much as you think.  Several little incisions are a whole lot better than one large one in this respect...trust me, been there, done that...lol.  You'll be fine, just keep the pillow handy.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

NCB1997
on 2/5/11 4:56 am
We have a lot of dust in the winter too. I have a humidifier/vaporizer running and it really helps in my house, seems to keep the dust from floating. I had a pillow near me if I felt a sneeze coming on.
Nancy B.    
Most Active