No drinking while eating is killing me!!!!

Jo N.
on 2/3/11 2:21 pm - Crawfordsville, IN
As a vet I can provide some words of comfort that the further along & more you make it a habit the easier it becomes a habit.
Five+ YEARS WITH THE LAP-BAND( 8/31/05)
Highest Weight: 317/Surgery Weight: 267/Lowest Weight: 148
Currently Filled 1.4cc in a 4 cc band APBand
Panniculectomy w/psudeo TT proformed by Dr Bergman 10/8/2009
Need Help With Success? Read a Geneen Roth Book. "When Food Is Love!"

Kate -True Brit
on 2/3/11 3:53 pm - UK

I agree with many of the others - it does get easier!

I drink right up to the first mouthful of food, emptying my glass before i take a mouthful so that there is nothing there for me to drink if I forget - but in fact, even if the drink is still there, the habit is so well formed now that i don't drink it!

I don't sip all day! I just have larger mugs/glasses than I used pre-op and I have the habit of making drinks much more often than pre-band.

I found by trial and error that i can drink 20 mins post-food without affecting my hunger level. Once you are really confident in your band eating, you can experiment carefully!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

PalmettoCrab
on 2/3/11 8:16 pm - Lady's Island, SC
I've had my band for a year, and this absolutely the hardest band rule for me.  Yesterday was my "new years day" and I am going to get re-focused.  That's the first thing I need to start doing correctly.      ....must......have......water....
Kristen  Put on your Big Girl Panties and DEAL with it!!        
OCMomma
on 2/3/11 9:51 pm
I drink up to half hour before and after my meals.  I guess I don't have a problem with it because I never drank with meals anyway.  I was more of a stuff my face kinda girl no room for drinks. haha.

I had my first fill Wed.  I was on liquids for 24 afterwards then soft foods for 24 hours , then normal diet they said. 

Failed Lapband December 2010,Revision to RNY 2015.

speck
on 2/3/11 11:41 pm
I'm the opposite...I knew I had the no drinking with meals in my favor for the lap band surgery.  :)
Norma 1010
on 2/4/11 6:19 am - Pflugerville, TX
This was the hardest thing initially. I just realized this was something I had to stop doing so now I don't even place a drink in front of me when I'm eating.   I do sip constantly between meals, either water or crystal. I do have to have at lease 2 glasses of tea per day. I love tea.

NORMA

WITH GOD, EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

HW:   317 lbs
GW:   180 lbs
CW:   285

Most Active