10 Days Liquid Diet before Surgery

debbeaty01
on 2/3/11 7:49 am
I am  newbie, I have finished my seminar, initial consultation and psyhic evaluation...just waiting on appt to meet with Surgeon.   In the mean time I got all the before after surgery diet info... Any advice on getting through the liquid days?   Was there one thing that was your life saver?   What protein premade shakes do you recommend...I am thinking for work, it would probably be more convenient to drink premade ones for those 10 days...anything good at Sams to get in BULK?
JoMixx
on 2/3/11 9:58 am - West Yarmouth, MA

Chobani yogurt, sugar free fudgesicles.  I could not have survived without these!!!  On the negative side, after eating chobani yogurt for a month, I find I cannot stand yoplait yogurt any more.  it tastes like chemicals. BLUCK!

I also had carnation instant breakfast instead of protein shakes.  I made it two ways...as a shake by blending ice into it or I made it with warm milk and dropped a teaspoon of instant coffee in it to make it into a hot mocha.  I still have one of these a day in place of a coffee!

Surgery 1/6/11 , 14ml band - 0ml fill      
reneekennedy11
on 2/3/11 10:37 am - CA
Sams club brand makes awesome premade protein shakes....AND YES SUGAR FREE POPSICLES AND FUDGESICLES SAVED ME!!!!  Plus I ate egg drop soup strained!!!! Good luck
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/11 11:23 am
well..right now I am surviving on Lemonade shake-ins, bouillon cubes, and a variety of protein samples I bought from vitalady.com..They have been the lifesaver for me..having the ability to choose different flavors has made a huge difference...I actually feel like I am eating something of consistency..LOL...
Pamela B.
on 2/3/11 12:23 pm - AR
VSG on 08/14/15
Hi,I'm a newbie also I am still waiting on my CONSULT...So your ahead of me...I hope they don't take any longer its been 2 months from start to finish so far but I have waited 17 months before this time I went to the wrong dr to get my phych eval so I went to another dr. so finally I'm past it and now they needed more medical records before CONSULT and now they should all be faxed to them...Looking forward to Consult and the preop and postop diets really I'm not I'm just saying it...Hope your surgery goes WELL and wishing you a SPEEDY RECOVERY....Have a Safe Trip...Keep us informed...I want to now how your doing....
OCMomma
on 2/3/11 9:40 pm
I like the EAS carb control shakes.  17 gr. of protein.   I buy mine at BJ's but I believe Sams has them as I know Walmart does. 

Failed Lapband December 2010,Revision to RNY 2015.

PaintingChef
on 2/3/11 10:06 pm - TN
I was a HUGE fan (and still am) of the GNC Pro Performance AMP shakes.  You can make them with up to 60g of protein in each one (20g per scoop).  The directions say to mix with water but I got the okay to use skim milk instead.  I used 2 scoops of mix per shake (40g of protein).  I had to get at least 100g of protein a day pre-op so I wanted to be able to get as MUCH protein in one drink as possible.  I had three of those a day and I was good.

I still have one for breakfast every morning, I'm amazed at how full I stay.  I'm not usually hungry for lunch intil almost 2:00.
My blog:  PaintingChef

debbeaty01
on 2/4/11 4:30 pm
Thanks everyone for the ideas

Most Active