Cant live without since surgery?!

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/11 9:40 pm
I was just wondering if you had any suggestions on what I will need after surgery...Are there certain products that you just love and that help with the day to day and losing the weight?...I know i will need a blender, which I bought and measuring cups and all those things..but what is your favorite? Just looking for some ideas....
adorkbl
on 2/4/11 10:13 pm
I just got a food scale I really like. Helps me keep the portions accurate with food labels and makes tracking my food easier.

I also finally found a scale that is ACCURATE for weighing myself. Every time I step on and off it is the SAME amount. Plus it is only .2 lbs off my Dr's scale!!

And thirdly... I use FatSecret.com to track my food, exercise, and weight. Keeps me accountable. It also has a GREAT ap for smart phones, VERY easy to use!!

1)
Eat Smart Precision Pro Digital Kitchen Scale $25
2)
Eat Smart Precision Bathroom Scale (400 lb capacity) $28.95 
3)
FatSecret.com FREE

I also really find the blog The World According To Eggface VERY helpful with meal suggestions. She had RNY... but A LOT of the information is still beneficial for banded WLS patients.

Hope this helps!! :)

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

JoMixx
on 2/4/11 11:19 pm - West Yarmouth, MA

The magic bullet!  It's the best most convenient blender I have ever owned and so easy to clean. I got a digital food scale and am so glad I did. (Biggest loser brand) I am not sure if there is a better one on the market.

Another thing I got, very small plates (tea cup size)  Small bowls that only hold 3/4 of a cup and lots of small food storage containers.

Surgery 1/6/11 , 14ml band - 0ml fill      
Laurena
on 2/4/11 11:52 pm - Louisville, KY
Yes ,,the magic bullet,I like that too.

pitablond
on 2/5/11 12:03 am - Harrisburg, PA
The three things I use daily since surgery are my food scale, my 1 cup ziploc containers, and my 32oz water container!

~*Ashley*~ Highest weight: 330ish   Current weight: 198

adorkbl
on 2/5/11 12:35 am

I second the 1 cup ziploc containers. I bring all my snacks in them. Love them. And snack sized baggies too.

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

Seemeslimmer
on 2/5/11 12:07 am - Bardstown, KY
I have a mini food processor that cost about $10. Ir works well to grind up the meat I have a hard time getting down. Can make chicken salad, grind up burger into smaller chunks, etc.
      See  
Karkies
on 2/5/11 12:17 am
 Miralax...one scoop each morning :)

Starting Weight: 256
Goal Weight: 145
Current Weight: 141
Check out my blog: LAP-BAND Gal
BANDED: 10/20/09

I've maintained my weight loss for over one year now!

rainbow_runner
on 2/5/11 1:55 am

I could not live without my George Foreman grill (get the one with removable grills or you'll hate cleaning it!) and my wok.  Those are the only two cooking utensils I use.  I grill all my veggies on the GF too - it's a one-pan meal-makin machine in my house.  A good food scale is also imperative.  Good luck with your surgery - you are on the right track to be fully prepared for what's ahead.  Makes the journey so much easier!

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/11 4:02 am
Thanks ladies...Adding them to my shopping list now!
Most Active