what to expect on an UNFILL

kim marsden
on 2/3/11 3:27 am - Canada
So I am going to go for an unfil and just wondering if I am going to notice instant relief when I take my first sip of water.  Right now I have discomfort when I swallow almost like gas trapped right below my band.  Anyone who has had an unfill please let me know if it is instand releif or do you have to wait a few days due to swelling from the band being too tight.  I just have to drive 2 hours for my defill so just wanting to make sure I get enough taken out.  Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/11 3:32 am - ~Somewhere in~, PA
Yes you should feel relief IMMEDIATELY, also it depends on what's going on and HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN TOO TIGHT.  If you've been too tight for a few weeks then you probably only need a little amount out, but if you've been too tight for a LONG time you may need an upper Gi to make sure you don't have anything else wrong. Good luck.
kim marsden
on 2/3/11 3:48 am - Canada
Thanks Nana, I just had a fill this past Saturday and noticed the tightness on Tuesday so it has only been about three days now but I have only been on liquids.  I did eat cottage cheese this morning but it took me over an hour to eat it and it hurt evertime i swallowed the smallest amount.  I have not had any sliming or vomitting but did alot of PBing for two days but better today.
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/11 4:00 am - ~Somewhere in~, PA

Good for you, you are doing the right thing you don't want to risk damaging your band, it looks like you are a tad bit over your sweet spot, if I were you I would ask only take the smallest increment amount out, .1cc may take you to your sweet spot, sometimes it takes a little tweaking before we reach our sweet spot, sometimes we are filled too tight accidentally fills are not an exact science, but its up to US to be responsible when we are too tight to get some saline removed.

I hope this unfill brings you quick relief and put you at your sweet spot, I've been there and done that and I know how uncomfortable it feels to be too tight.

kim marsden
on 2/3/11 4:28 am - Canada
thanks again. my nurse only added .2cc so I think if she took .1 out than i should be good.

Thanks
Kim
Most Active