Roll Call

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/11 10:03 am - Des Moines, IA
Hi, I'm Kristi.  You all look so good.  I'm almost 19 months post op and so happy with my band.  I love to exercise and I'm trying new foods and if you need ideas, find my post regarding Trader Joe's suggestions.  Everyone had some great ideas and I made a list to take with me.

Before I started I was worried about when I would get to maintenance.  In the past I had lost large amounts of weight before, but could only maintain for a day and would start gaining.  With the band, I know I can maintain, heck I was in the 170's for 5 months and almost 2 weeks ago, I decided to push forward and tada.... it's working.  For the 5 months that I was in the 70's, I kinda gave myself a break and now I'm losing again. 

I am going to give it my all until I get to goal.  I have 17 pounds to get to a "normal" BMI.  I have changed my exercise routine up and I'm so happy to see the scale moving down again. 

Before pic from July 2009  and pic from 12/25/10  ( I'm now 5 pounds lighter )

confusedturtle
on 2/4/11 11:33 am - Norfolk, VA
Hi, my name is Amanda.  Im 33, and have 3 kids...5 if you count my hubby    I am preop, I just got my referral for surgery on Wednesday and am waiting to make my appointment to be seen by a WLS doc.  I called today but they told me it is pending approval and to call again Monday    I was in a car accident when I was 19, it was 5 days after I was married and I was a size 7, and they fit loosely.  Within a year I shot up to a size 16 and have been between 16-20 since.  I began considering WLS back in 2006 but never seriously.  I thought I was serious about it in 2007 when I had my first referral and joined the board.  After my first appointment with a WLS doc I decided I could do it on my own.  My husband has never supportive of my desire for WLS he has always said that I have no will power and will lose weight if I just dont eat.  I tried that and it got worse.  In 2009 I got serious about weight loss and lost 20 lbs thru a healthy diet & exercise, but I gained it back quickly.  I talked to my doctor about WLS again in Sept of last year but was having alot of issues with my hormones and depression and he wanted to address that first. I believe my issues were caused by my BC, I had it removed last week and have been improving daily.  I decided this was it, I am done being fat and hating the person I see in the mirror and that I need help losing the weight.  My husband has a friend whose wife had WLS and she lost a ton of weight and looks great, so he decided maybe it wasn't a bad idea and has been supportive this time around.  I also plan to see a dietician to help me learn what and how to eat and a counselor to help me learn why I eat and how to deal with my issues.
CarenB61
on 2/4/11 12:19 pm - TX
Hi Everyone,
My name is Caren, I live in North Texas and I am have Lap Band Surgery this Monday. I am really excited and cant wait to tell you all about my success. I have a big support group with my family and friends but it never hurts to have soneone who has been through it.
I look foreward to becoming friends with you all.
Come on Monday.
Caren

Tiff tells all
on 2/6/11 10:37 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
Todays your big day. Good Luck Caren.
Let us know how it goes.

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

Jamie Z.
on 2/4/11 10:30 pm - MI
I was banded on 8/26/10, and keep inching towards that first 50lbs! I know I need to get better at sticking to the rules and I have a fantastic fiance who didn't agree with the the surgery but has supported me the whole way. I had been contemplating banding for about 5 years, after 2 half marathons and GAINING weight, and finally having some major hip problems last year, I decided to go ahead and get the consult. less than 3 months later I was banded!

adorkbl
on 2/4/11 10:48 pm
I posted on Jean's thread. But since this one has photos I will add here too!! :)

Hi... I'm Lori. 34... 5'08... banded 3 years ago.
Port replacement 2 weeks ago due to leaky port.

Lost 100 lbs with the band... re-gained 60 *boo hiss*... but have started losing again with the port replacement... woot... (-15 lbs) 

Before

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

Stephanie M.
on 2/7/11 12:48 am
Hi everyone, Stephanie here. I am 61, have two grown children and 7 teenaged grandchildren.  I live in Snohomish Washington with my husband (44 yrs on the 18th), daughter and her husband and 4 teens (15 yr old boy and 13 yr old triplet girls) and our 3 furbabies, 2 pugs and a labradoodle. 

I am 8 months out from surgery and have lost almost 50 lbs.  I am down about 64 lbs from my highest weight in 2008.  I am limited in the excercise I can do because I am disabled with sacro-iliac dysfunction, spinal stenosis and a left knee that needs replaced, so I am losing very slowly at this point, but I am fine with that.

The top photo was shot in September 2009, I weighed about 285.  Size 4X top and 26 jeans. The lower photo is me in my daughters "hand me ups" at 227 lbs...size 18P pants and XL top.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Most Active