Roll Call

Jo 1962
on 2/4/11 3:03 am - NearHouston, TX

Hi  I'm Jolena & I'm almost 6 months into my journey. I live near Houston with my hubby, adult son and teenage daughter. We have a 13 month old Pointer who thinks she's a lap dog. 

I was size 9/10 when we got married (25 yrs in Oct!) but gained weight with both pregnancies and haven't seen below 250 in over 20 years so I'm OvEr-the_MoOn to see the scale in the 220's for the first time in so long.  I'm losing weight in places that no diet ever helped me lose before (and Ive been nearly on them all). 

I love,love LOVE seeing all my clothes getting BIG on me instead of too tight and I'm starting to like what I see in the mirror these days.  My endocrinologist was THRILLED with my AC1 results last week.  My blood sugar is normal now and could even get off metformin soon.   I was wearing 24's at my highest weight and had a 50 in waist.  I now can wear my DH's 42" Dockers and they make my butt actually look cute  (DH sez so!).
Speaking of the DH, he is thrilled with my progress and shows it in many ways....woohoo does he ever!  (blush)

I am so happy I chose the lapband. I know its not for everyone but its what works for me. I hardly know its there except for the fact I can't shovel in food like I used to. I'm NOT thinking about FOOD all the time. I'm used to eating without a beverage now and I don't eat more than a cup. I can eat chicken just fine (never as leftovers though) and eat just about anything. Nowadays Im just not that interested in food. hah! Never in a milion years would I imagine myself saying that.
Oh..there's so much to imagine these days. 

This is the latest pic I have of my progress so far....

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

mstrip59
on 2/4/11 3:31 am
Hi am Sophia.  Banded 10/16/09 and down 57 pounds (feels weird to type it!) and LOVING MY BAND. It does what I needed it to do and gives me consequences when I need them. I was a volume eater and would drive to fast food restaurants in the middle of the night, hid food at home and at work, openly recklessly eyeball other people's food in order to make them offer me some so they could avoid feeling like their food was under terrorist attack (don't act like this has not happened to you) and I don't do any of this anymore.  The best positive consequence I have had other then the weight loss is I am down to half dose of my medications, exercise regularly and feel better then ever physically and mentally then I ever had in all of my 51 years. It's wonderful and I would not trade it for anything.  
Norma 1010
on 2/4/11 3:37 am - Pflugerville, TX
I will post a before/after picture as so as I can figure out how to..............

NORMA

WITH GOD, EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

HW:   317 lbs
GW:   180 lbs
CW:   285

PaintingChef
on 2/4/11 4:02 am - TN
Hi!  I'm Susannah, I'm 33 years old and I was just banded 2 weeks ago today.  I didn't really have a weight problem (other than baby fat****il I was about 22.  All through high school and college, I was a long distance runner, dancer, aerobics teacher and a competitive ice skater (just typing that made me exhausted... I did all that?  Really?) so I was never lacking for exercise.  But once I hit about 22, the perfect storm of love, marriage, PCOS and relaxing from always being on the go my whole life hit and up the scale went.

It was one of those things that I always told myself I would start dealing with "next week" or "next month" or "next year" or "after this cookie" and I just... never did.  Meanwhile the weight was still packing on at an alarming rate.  This continued for about 8 years and then I suddenly decided I wanted to have a baby.  Nice timing, right?  So... 18 months of intensive fertility treatments added on a final 50 or 60 pounds and the nail was inthe coffin.  I was done and the only thing I knew was that I wasn't going to be able to get rid of the weight on my own.

So... here we are.  No pictures, sorry.  But if it helps, I'm wearing the same dress today that I have on in my profile pic, it's just slightly looser today...
My blog:  PaintingChef

Kate -True Brit
on 2/4/11 4:32 am - UK

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Tiff tells all
on 2/4/11 6:35 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19

Even so, we got a couple new folks to join in. My hope is that each and every time we have one of these some new folks will work up the courage to post.  

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

Kate -True Brit
on 2/4/11 7:30 am - UK

Oh yes! I wasn't saying don't post this thread! Just in case anyone wanted to check back and look at more information about people!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

fairy_kissez
on 2/4/11 4:35 am - Albuquerque, NM
Hi I'm Jennifer, I had my band place April 7, 2009 and have lost 100 lbs so far. I would love to lose 50 more but would be happy with 30. I love my band and it has definitely been a challenge. I am a carb and sugar addict just like Lisa O, and find that as long as I stay on the band rules and eat as little carbs as I can then I can make the scale move and fend off those uncontrollable cravings for food. I have good restriction, and it took FOREVER to get there, but there are days when I think gosh my band isn't working today and then days where I am super tight.

If I could give any advice to the newbies it would be stick to the rules, don't think that once you get to restriction that it is ok to eat. Its is also about what kind of foods you put into your mouth which will determine your results.

Jen

lapband in 2008 at 298lbs , lowest weight was 183lbs , Band almost killed me and removed in 2011. No revison because to much damage for revision.

Anti Lap-band advocate!

airhead_74
on 2/4/11 6:49 am
DS on 08/20/12
I'm Chasity. I was banded on 1/10/11. My story and results will vary a bit from all of my fellow bandstrs because I also got greater curvature plication with my band. I was able to lose 102 lbs before surgery. And, as of today, I have lost 12 lbs since my surgery. My first fil is scheduled for 2/16.

I don't allow anyone to take my picture but my bff told me she snuck a couple at her son's graduation party one month before I started my diet. So if I can get her to send it to me I will post it. A current picture won't show all my progress since I am so big and I am always sitting in a wheelchair. But I guess I will have to allow someone to take one monthly so I can see my progress. I won't like it now but it will be good to look back at them in the future.

Everyone looks so great in their pics. I hope one day I will have a great after pic to post.

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

Hislady
on 2/4/11 7:19 am - Vancouver, WA
I'm a 60 year old gal and got my band 3 years ago and have not had alot of success. I lost a grand total of 40 lbs and haven't lost anything in the last 2 years. I also haven't gained so I guess I can't complain too much, well, yes I can but I'll save it for another day. I'm married to great guy, we're retired and live on nearly 2 acres in the country. Kids are grown so we are parents to an adorable ****er spaniel, Beauty and a terrified cat Kiki. I knit, crochet and do counted cross-stitch to keep from roaming the streets causing havoc. I've made some wonderful friends here and that alone has made getting my band worthwhile!
Most Active