Roll Call

MaMa_M
on 2/4/11 1:25 am - MI
My name is Rose and I was banded on Sept 15, 2009. I have lost 88 lbs and LOVE my band! My high blood pressure is gone, my sugar levels are normal and I can do activities without gettting winded. ...good thing with all the snow we got this week (12 inches).

MaMa M

Lisa O.
on 2/4/11 1:30 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Here!

My name is Lisa O. and I've lost 100+ with the band post surgery.  My highest weight was 335 and today I'm around 223.  My personal goal is 195.  My lowest weight since surgery was 211 so I'm up a few pounds thanks to a lot of holiday cookies!  Basically, I was feeling so good that I forgot that I am a food addict and always will be.  Sugar is my Kryptonite and I've learned that I'm defenseless against it.  If I can go a week without processed sugar I can stay off the simple carbs all together, but just one sampling and I'm done for!  Abstinence from sugar and simple carbs is the key to my success.  I have good restriction and am very rarely hungry but I battle my emotional eating behaviors mostly in the evening.  For me it's never about being hungry, it's ALWAYS about how I'm feeling emotionally.  I started working with a therapist a year a go and it's helped a lot!  When I decided to have WL surgery I promised that I would work on both the body and the mind and that's what i"m doing!  It works!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

LisaCultJam
on 2/4/11 1:45 am
Lisa, Girrrl, We are sisters on so many levels..  Not even going there about our name- that sugar/simple carb thing- Whoo, the devil!  Girl, don't get me started.. 

Big Hug to you- to both of us, really.  We've done a mahvelous job and you look fantastic!
        2011 goal                                  It works if you work it!  

confusedturtle
on 2/4/11 11:07 am - Norfolk, VA
Thank you so much for saying that, that is exacty how I feel.  I need to fix the body & the mind all at once.  I know dieting will never work and the band will only get me so far if I do not address my food issues and try to fix my thinking too.  Thank you, and you look great btw 
Hermosa L
on 2/4/11 1:39 am
Hello my Name is Lizette and I had surgery almost 2 years ago and I too lost a butt load and I gained a little back and I'm losing that again.. I have no clue where I'm on the scale BUT it's safe to say I've lost 90 pounds. I too am a Zumba fanatic now and I can't say I love the gym but I go :)

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
cheyenne000
on 2/4/11 1:45 am
VSG on 03/25/16
Hi all
I am jodi banded 01/21/09 at my heaviest I was 258 I am currently 168 would like to get another 20-25 lbs off
lost 72 pounds with the band the rest was lost before that total 90 lbs lost

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Hermosa L
on 2/4/11 1:46 am
GO BUY A SMALLER SHIRT! :)
cheyenne000
on 2/4/11 1:48 am
VSG on 03/25/16
You crack me up    lol  I will this weekend..

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

shellqueen
on 2/4/11 2:29 am - New Brighton, MN
Great idea, Tiff!
I was banded 9/07 and lost at most 30# and regained 10. However, in the process I have had probelms that have defied the odds. What are the odds that ONE person would have: acid reflux, a leaky port and a port detach from the abdominal wall? These are the odds of winning the lottery! Unfortunately, no $ won for me. I keep telling my Doc that when he writes journal articles about me or uses me in a lecture I want full credit and a share in the profits!!! After my 2nd surgery 12/30/10 I was feeling so hopeless but I've reached out for help and I am giving it my all. Praying has helped alot! There have been some NSV's like going on an Alaskan Cruise 7/10 for a week and not gaining an ounce! Another good tool is Jean McMillians book Bandwagon ( I don't get anyting for giving it a plug). Its been a looooonnnnngggg haul but I have grown alot.
Sorry- I don't know how to do pictures at all.
Karen
smilin_eyes_58
on 2/4/11 3:00 am - IL
I'm Cheryl I'm single with a kitty.   I'm down around 100 pds depending on the day.  Slightly over 2 years out.  Most of it  lost the first year.  But even though the last year I have fighting against  the band I've still managed to lose 20 pds.  So who says the band doesn't work? .   I have decided I need to find a different job that keeps my mind better occupied then maybe I can lose the remaining 50.  Retirement is 4 years away so if I can stay at least the same weight  till then there is hope for me.  

Enjoy reading on my Kindle, sewing for grandkids and I don't mind the exercise (walking, eliptical, wii, total gym) in fact almost enjoy it.  It is leaving sweets alone when bored that is my downfall.     
Cheryl
5' 5 1/2"
HW 319/DOS 288.8/NOW 213.6/ 105.4 lostSurgery 1/21/09

Most Active