Miserable!!

Kate -True Brit
on 2/4/11 7:47 am - UK

It is coming up to midnight! I have some sort of bug - swollen glands, cough, generally unwell. But illness makes my band tight. So here I am dying to sleep, knowing I really need to sleep to get better.

And every time I lie down -reflux! This is not something that usually happens to me. I'm not worried! I am confident it is the illness! But it is just not something i have ever had to handle before. Tightenss through illness before has just meant I had to be very careful as I ate. And I am not getting the sort of dramatic reflux I read about on here sometimes! Just enough to make me not want to lie down!

If it carries on, tiny unfill coming up! But my expectation is that I will be OK soon! Sitting here drinking a hot drink to see if it helps.

Anyone here ever have this happen to them when they were ill?

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Jeanie B.
on 2/4/11 8:14 am - Louisville, KY
Kate, that is exactly where I've been for about 16 days.  On the 3rd day of this oncoming bug, I got a slight unfill.  It helped, but then the "Bug", some kind of stomach virus took hold.  I have had to make myself eat- a little chicken soup, sf popsicles, hot tea ( do not let me near my formerly beloved coffee!), etc. . Very weak for almost 2 weeks. Getting stronger this week, and today has been my best day yet.  Still a little acid reflux laying flat on my back, but greatly improved over this time last week.  I even did a little Zumba with Youtube videos today! 
Hope your bug is short-lived and that the reflux goes away quietly. Take care!
Jeanie B.
The Chorus Teacher with the Band

Kate -True Brit
on 2/4/11 8:22 am - UK

Hi Jeanie, thanks for replying! I spend lots of time on here telling people that if they get reflux they need to get it sorted! But I really do think that this is like yours - because of illness!

I am eating just fine! Perhaps a tad tighter than usual but I generally choose to have less restriction than many bandsters and so as far as food is concerned, i am probably only where most people are anyway!

But I really, really, really want to sleep!!!!

Glad to hear you are getting better! Hope mine doesn't last two weeks!!

Kate

paint2heal
on 2/4/11 8:44 am - Belle, WV
Try resting in a recliner or prop yourself up a lot.  An over the counter reflux pill like prilosec might help too.  Hope you feel better soon!
Carla         
Join my 6 WEEK Summer time Weight Loss CHALLENGE!!! from July 11 thru August 22nd.  Join anytime!!!!
SW168/CW162/GW151

Kate -True Brit
on 2/4/11 8:56 am - UK

Thanks, Carla!  Doing/done both of those! Not helping!  Think it is just a case of having to wait it out!

But all suggestions gratefully received! Putting my faith in a hot drink at the moment! Gone down well so will go back to bed and try again soon! (It's nearly 1 a.m. here and I have a very busy day tomorrow - so being both ill and tired is not going to be helpful!!).

I usually take Pepcid Complete but I have run out of the US ones! That matters as the US ones taste nice - soft and minty! The UK ones are revolting! Despite being the same active ingredients and made by the same company! So whenever any friends go to the States, they bring me some back! And I ran out yesterday! Never mind, more should arrive next week!!

Kate

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/11 9:07 am - Des Moines, IA
Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well.  Hope you get some sleep Kate!
melly37
on 2/4/11 9:11 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
Awe, Kate!  Sorry to hear that you are under the weather.  I know what it feels like to have reflux when you lay down...although mine was more than just being sick. Hope you and your band feel better soon!!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

BuckeyeGirl
on 2/4/11 9:56 am - TN
I hope the hot drink does the trick. Hopefully you'll get some sleep and feel better soon!

Lindsey

katmom_02
on 2/4/11 8:54 pm - Orange Park, FL
RNY on 02/20/13
What about some Maalox. The minty liquid stuff...it might help settle your tummy a bit and help with the acidity in there as well. I love Prilosec and Zantac, but if I already have reflux in full swing, using the Maalox is like putting out a fire. Good luck!

Kate -True Brit
on 2/5/11 1:34 am - UK

Not things we can get over here! Zantac i have seen although not everywhere! Probably we have the same things under a different name. But your post has reminded me that i have a big bottle of Gaviscon - I HATE the taste but might be worth a try! Pepcid just isn't doing it!

Kate

Most Active