Sometimes Tighter

bridget1970
on 2/4/11 3:16 am - Los Angeles, CA
VSG on 08/28/17
I wanted to know if anyone could tell me why sometimes my band feels tighter than at other times.
smilin_eyes_58
on 2/4/11 4:05 am - IL
That is the nature of the band.  Have you had a lot of salt?  Time of month?  Stressed? Dehydrated? 
Cheryl
5' 5 1/2"
HW 319/DOS 288.8/NOW 213.6/ 105.4 lostSurgery 1/21/09

Kate -True Brit
on 2/4/11 4:19 am - UK

I never get so tight that I have problems but all of the following affect me to some extent:-

stress (both nasty and nice - any strong emotion)
illness
seasonal allergies
dehydration
extreme changes in temperature or humidity.
time of day (always tighter in the mornings)

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

dhenault
on 2/4/11 4:25 am
Yesterday I went to lunch with my husband - ordered a salad with some protein.....I wasn't able to eat 2 bites! I could feel it "stuck" and I ended up in the restroom - throwing up! I took the salad home - and ate it for supper - no problems. I had no idea why. Hadn't had that type of issue before....However, I am VERY stressed as my son has a court case coming up next week. This most definetly affected me! I hadn't experienced anything like it.

ldybrigit
on 2/4/11 5:24 am - Rockledge, FL
 My band is a fickle bit**!!! She gets cranky when she feels the need and only when SHE wants to.. Im along for the ride.. :)  Just remember.. eat slooooowly especially when you are out in public.. This has saved me some embarrassment to avoid PBing while out and about.

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/11 5:44 am
I run into tighter times too.  For me it is usually if I am really stressed out (think fight with husband and band clamps up so tight I can hardly gag down a protein shake, thankfully this doesn't happen often!)  or, when I'm dehydrated or that time of the month. It takes a little getting used to but I work with it now and it's not really a problem.

Trixie
Most Active