FRIDAY GRATEFUL POST

Vivian Prouty
on 2/3/11 11:27 pm - Fort Worth, TX
  Morning Everyone.

WOW more snow here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area !!!  Ugh   I don't know how the people up north do it.   I did get out yesterday afternoon for about a hour but trust me it was pretty scary having to drive on ice and snow.   Now I woke up today to about 6" more snow on top of what we already had.  I feel for the people coming here from Wisconsin and Pa. trying to escape their cold weather for the Super Bowl.   Trust me....this is NOT common for our winters here.   Well enough of the weather venting.   LOL   Good morning and I hope everyone is having a great morning.    Today I am grateful for my warm home and that my heater is working well.   Grateful for my WLS ( even though I am freezing LOL ), my family and friends, faith and answered prayers.    Grateful for my husband and 3 son's.   Grateful for support groups. OH and all the wonderful message boards  here.    Grateful for my furbabies who love to snuggle with me and help to keep me warm.   As you all know.....we ALL have so very much in our lives to be grateful for.    Grateful for chances at a healthier lifestyle when our excess weight comes off.    PLEASE feel free to share with us what you are grateful for today.
Have a blessed day and weekend and please try to stay safe and warm and enjoy the Super Bowl on sunday and make good choices.    

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/11 11:40 pm - Des Moines, IA
Hope your ice and snow melts soon for you!  In Iowa they have the equipment and chemicals etc to get our roads in decent shape by the next day usually.  And most people know how to drive in it.  Be careful out there!
Vivian Prouty
on 2/4/11 12:28 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Thanks Kristi,

Trust me....as a Native Texan....we rarely ever get all this white stuff.   LOL  I can take the snow it is the ice that kills ya.    We have some snow plows coming in from Amarillo ( texas panhandle ) where they are equipped for this much ice and snow.    People here are so stupid...they think you can drive normal in this stuff.   LOL  Went to Walmart and Target yesterday and saw several cars that had spun off the road way.   I was scared I was going to get hit.   I was doing 10- 15 mph.   I am planning on staying in unless the sun comes out and melts it all.   They are predicting more of this next week.   UGH    Have a blessed day my friend !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active