ICY WEDNESDAY B*TCHFest

Bette B.
on 2/2/11 12:19 am
 wintter jan82 by cre8tv  Old Man WINTTER demands that you all take part today!

For you NEW KIDS, HERE ARE THE RULESTHE RULES: "B*TCHFest"  is provided as a public service to those of us who have gripes and grievances but who (whom?), for whatever reason, lack a regular forum in which to air them. You are welcome to voice any problems - large or small, important, mundane or ridiculous -  that currently have your panties wadded, your shorts frosted and your gears ground. Don't hold them in and risk future medical issues, wrinkles and/or those pesky gray hairs.

ANY and ALL issues that are plaguing you are open for you to voice; there are no "sacred cows." They say that "feelings aren't facts", so if you're feeling it, it's legit to you. NO ONE is allowed to flame a poster for something he or she writes, however commiseration is not only welcomed but encouraged. Please, no personal attacks against other OH members (at least, not by name) and 
 ABSOLUTELY NO SURGERY WARS

I'll start you off with a few gripes of mine, and you all can join in at any time! No limits - come back as many times as you like!

WARNING! Adult content ahead! Posts may (and probably will) contain "adult" content and language. I know that MINE will. Rated TV-MA.

http://www.comicspodcasts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Parental-Advisory-Chronic.jpg

Okay, here we go!

- Snow. Then ice on top of the snow. Now rain on top of the ice. What's next: frogs, boils or locusts?

- Animals out in this godforesaken weather. I feel so bad for the poor things. How bad? There's a stray cat living in my dining room. She was out roaming in the dark, came when I called, and is staying until I can get her to the Humane Society. Which, based on the above-noted weather, will be at the end of April.

- People who don't take their animals to the vet. Yes, I KNOW it costs money. I have 4 dogs, so I know. But there was a poor dog limping down the street the other day (no collar or ID, of course). One leg completely messed up. I tried to get the poor old boy out of the street, since he was oblivious to the danger of traffic, when his owner comes along to claim him. That's nice. But when he told me that the dog broke his leg and they never took him to the vet, I wanted to punch him right in the balls.

- Having to plan my week around having a storm every other day. We need to get a few things at the store (cat litter, cat food, see above), run a few errands and take checks to the bank, but our driveway is a complete sheet of ice again.

- The possibility of heating oil being $4.50 a gallon before the end of heating oil season.

- Having to shovel a path from the street to our oil tap so the oil co. guy can make a delivery tomorrow.

- Not being able to return RedBox movies in ONE day, because of the storms mentioned above.

Okay, it's your turn. I'm sure I'll be back for more later.

Our greatest glory consists not in never falling,
but in rising every time we fall.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/11 12:42 am - Des Moines, IA

This has been an ongoing complaint of mine since Fall. 

I can't get warm.  ( all of my blood work is normal, all of it )

After my car has been outside in the cold for 13 hours while at work, it is covered in ice or snow and  it's just plain old COLD and I have to scrape when I'm exhausted from working and I'm tired from my 12 & 1/2 hour night shift and did I mention it's COLD.  I have on all of my winter gear on, and have a seat heater, but my fingers get so COLD that they burn and sting and get numb, even with super warm gloves on.  I have a little blanket on my lap also.  I alternate which hand holds onto the steering wheel and the other hand is on the heated seat and under my leg and it still gets COLD.  BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

And even in the house where it's 72 degrees, I'm still freezing with layers of clothes on.  I'm COLD.  The only time I'm not cold is when I'm exercising and I can only do that for so long.

So that's my complaint!  I'm COLD!

And it's warmed up to 0 degrees outside!

Bette B.
on 2/2/11 12:44 am
That how you start to feel once we lose what I call the "protective layer of blubber". The same way seals stay warm, WE used to stay warm, but now we don't have that layer of insulation anymore. I sued to be hot and sweaty 365 days a year, now I'm cold all the time except in summer.

Hermosa L
on 2/2/11 12:49 am
It's actually CHILLY in Las Vegas it's like 28 degrees!! LOL (seriously that's cold for us)

My Rant is my mother - I love her of course!!! But I'm living with her so she is not alone a few days a week since my dad has passed and she is driving me up a wall.. and I try to be nice but sometimes I just want to run and never come back ... she talks non stop from the moment I walk through the door to the moment we go to bed... blah blah blah blah blah blah.. then she tells me when to go to bed.. I was watching biggest loser last night 9:30 she is screaming at me from upstairs.. GO to bed already.. I told her to shut up already!! lol.. (yes I did) of course in a joking manner but I meant it SHUT UP already geez Mom - you could talk a deaf guys ear off!! 

I love my Mom I promise! :) 

Bette B.
on 2/2/11 12:53 am
 it was that cold there the year we got married. It was actually warmer in CT that in was in LV. The hotels were shutting their fountains off.

coachgrrl
on 2/2/11 12:53 am
 My kids have been stuck at home for the past 6 days...well 3 of them truly stuck.  They are like caged animals...actually so am I.

I effing hate winter.  

I'm working tomorrow and am actually looking forward to it  
LOL

fairy_kissez
on 2/2/11 1:06 am - Albuquerque, NM
I have been stuck in this house for two days with 4 kids fighting non stop!! We have had -24 degree weather which by the way NEVER happens in NEW MEXICO. I think mother nature has lost her flippin mind!!.

I have been waiting two days for an overnight delivery!!!! SNOW...grrr. They say it was because of the snow but I got half the order yesterday???? Someone screwed up and I dont think that it was the snow!!!!.

So we knew there would be no school for the kids today so my idea of sleeping late was crushed by my husband getting out of bed at 6:45 to take the kids to school?????!!!! UH duh, no school!!! I couldnt go back to sleep!!

Jen

lapband in 2008 at 298lbs , lowest weight was 183lbs , Band almost killed me and removed in 2011. No revison because to much damage for revision.

Anti Lap-band advocate!

Suzanne K.
on 2/2/11 2:05 am - NJ
 Hi all! I'm a bander and teacher in NJ!
We have been blasted with an ice storm....
No school! Going shopping to fill my frig with bariatric foods, ....

Teacher's live for this!

Surgery date 12/21/10 start 267  down 15 pounds.....
see my nutritionist saturday for weigh in....

2nd fill in 2 weeks....

janice34
on 2/2/11 2:43 am
You know I must have a sad life all I have to ***** about is being cold too! I too work 12 1/2 hours night shifts and getting off I freeze to death. I have had to start starting my Tahoe before report so I don't freeze all the way home. If it isn't 85 degrees or better out I freeze.
Oh and my husband is a pig. Never picks up after himself unless I *****!!!
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/11 2:54 am - Des Moines, IA
Hey Janice, we must be like band sisters.  I wish I could start my car before report, but I'm parked too far away and can't leave the floor and I don't have an automatic start.  I wish I did.
Most Active