All the bashing lately???

j.johnson26
on 2/1/11 11:29 am - FL
 I have never seen this kinda stuff on here before.. maybe i come on more than before...i should get the band in march and i really hope i am not bashed for asking questions like i have seen sum ppl say they have!!!!  we all need support and i dont understand why ppl are bashed here!!
reneekennedy11
on 2/1/11 11:41 am - CA
Dont sweat it...Im a newbie...just banded on the 21st:) I let it bug me now Im OVER it! Good luck and let me know if you have any questions! 
j.johnson26
on 2/1/11 11:56 am - FL
 oh i m not gna let it bother me..ppl are taking things others to heart too much....i could care less anyones opinion of how i do things.. ppl post things so they can get a reaction-DUH!  
bu****ever-yeah i cant wait.. i did consult last friday.. i see psych next week and the nutritionist the week aftr.....if the psych says im good then wen im there seeing the dietician ima pick up the optifast and start my liquids the 18th of this month......but im wondering... i keep getn diff responses to how many weeks on liquids before.. one surg says theres no reason to b made to do more than 2 weeks.....but idc..ima do my 3 weeks and do it right!!  i keep getn responses from skinny ppl-if u can do liquids for 3 weeks, why do u need the band???  ugh they suck.. they can never understand.. but yes ima keep u in mind after surg!  thank you....
reneekennedy11
on 2/1/11 12:40 pm - CA
I only had to do liquids 2 days prior to surgery all drs are very different. I wish I would have started a few days earlier though...it was very hard for me to adjust. Its hard when your hubby is eating and even harder when you have to cook for your 4 year old ya know. Im on mushy foods now and its like Heaven! 
Tina Welch
on 2/1/11 3:06 pm
I am just getting started; I meet with my surgeon and his team on Feb. 17th.
I have told my DH and son (17) that they will be doing their own cooking while I am on liquid or mushy diet, if I can't eat it I should not have to cook it. I will have to cook for a client at work though (except when I am out after Op, which I hope is not more than 2 weeks max).
Lisaizme
on 2/1/11 8:42 pm - TX
You could fix things ahead of time and freeze them for DH & 17 y/o if they are particularly helpless or if having them in your kitchen will stress you out.  I personally vote for letting them learn to cook..if you can stand it.

I didn't have to do a pre-op diet at all and have done well.  All surgeons are different.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

j.johnson26
on 2/2/11 12:22 pm - FL
 my surg said if i have surg thurs i would b back to work tuesday at the latest!!!  i gta do my dietician n psych eval next...
bdharris127
on 2/1/11 11:20 pm - Spring Hill, TN
I had my bandaversary on January the 26th.  I to date have not had any complications from the surgery.  I did not use all the pain meds that the doctor prescribed, things went well, GOD blesses in many ways.  My weight loss has been great.  I have lost in the 90% level, my doctor is very proud of me.  I think the main reason is they put out a great program, and I have stayed with it closely.  The after care is wonderful, we, my wife and I, go to support group almost 4 times a month.  This is paid for with the initial fee, and is in effect for life as far as I know.  This is most important, we all need support and guidance in our weight loss journey.  I love telling people about what has happened to me and what they could do to help themselves.  Good luck to you, hope GOD blesses you in many ways.

Shaesnana
on 2/2/11 12:28 am - Davenport, FL
Yes, the "drama" has been pretty bad at times on here but just don't get sucked into it.
I just ignore it now.   I don't mind questions at all so feel free to ask away.  I'm still a newbie to this new journey and so far I am doing well.   I was on a liquid diet for 2 weeks pre-op and 2 weeks post-op.   Beforehand I didn't seem to mind as much because I was getting excited but after was a different story.  I just wanted some "good" food.  I wasn't hungry thankfully, just all in my head.  Plus it was over the holidays for me and that was definitely hard.
I didn't do any cooking either but I didn't have little ones.  My hubby either cooked himself something or had frozen meals.  He felt bad even eating in front of me.
I wish you the best.

Lyn

MARIA F.
on 2/2/11 1:01 am - Athens, GA
Well there is so much "bashing" b/c there are so many ppl that have had negative band experiences. :-(

Had I known then what I know now I NEVER would have gotten the band. I would hate to see u make the same mistake I have made. Please visit the revision forum and see how many bandsters are revising FROM the band. If the band was that great all those ppl wouldn't be wanting to put theirselves through another WLS now would they???

Also I would suggest visiting the RNY, DS and VSG forums and asking about the band vs. those WLS's. U will find that many of them are former bandsters.

Good luck!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active