UGHHH Frustrated....

jenacallen
on 2/3/11 2:43 am - Ozawkie, KS
Hey all:
So I need everyones support.  My life has changed so much in the past 30 days.  On 1/17/11 I collapsed at home and my oldest daughter found me (she is 7).  After  9 days in the hospital, a lumbar punctur that turned out to have HORRIBLE side affects it is believed I had a TIA (mini stroke). What...I am 32 yrs.old!!!  I am doing PT on my right side because it has little strenghth AND I had to have my band drained because I was not able to stay hydrated through all of this. 
Anway, I am feeling better, but things that were so easy are so hard such as opening a soda, writing with my right hand and walking up and down stairs.  I am so frustrated.  I went from training for my 5K in March to nothing and snaking all day because I am not able to go back to work yet either.....UGH....
I am so scared I am going to gain all my weight back and just my life in general is so different.  They say I will get back to 100 percent,,,,but how much will I gain untill then.
I am so thankful to be alive and to be okay, but frustrated too!
Thanks for listening and letting me vent,. 

NCB1997
on 2/3/11 3:08 am
Hope you feel better soon!
I had a series of mini strokes when I was 30 years old. I was not overweight at that time. But, I guess stress played a big role in it.
It took a while but I have my strength back on my right side. I had a right arm injury since then, but as far as the stroke I am doing good. I know it is hard to be patient, but therapy is the best thing for you right now. I'll keep you in my prayers!
Nancy B.    
jenacallen
on 2/3/11 3:14 am - Ozawkie, KS
Thank you so much. Have you had several little stokes then? We are so young.......
Thanks again for the encouragement.  I am not a patient person so this is hard. But I am going to do this and hopefully not gain toooooo much weight.

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/11 3:19 am
Hi,

I'm so sorry you are going through a difficult time.  The body is an amazing thing and it's wonderful to hear the doctors expect you to heal up well. The unfortunate thing is it's slow going -- that's so frustrating!  Please try to hang in there and just do one day at a time -- try only focus on doing the best you can just for that one day and forget about tomorrow until tomorrow. Easier said then done, I know :)

Take Care,

Trixie
shellqueen
on 2/3/11 3:49 am - New Brighton, MN
Wow!!! That is a lot that changed so quickly. Talk about scary! That's all I can say. I can only imagine the frustration. Take care. K
NCB1997
on 2/3/11 4:35 am
I had several of them in a month time span. My first one was Labor Day weekend i***** (I am 46 now) Finally with medications (I'm not sure what they were now) everything was under control. It was so scarey. It just felt like I couldn't control it. I am also very impatient. But keep getting little road blocks to teach me patience. I couldn't even hold a pen in my right hand. That was very scarey. Thank God you are getting medical care before it became worse. It is always in the back of my mind that it could happen again. And since then I have gained lots of weight. That is one of the biggest reasons why I was banded. Even though back then I was not overweight, I ate very unhealthy and my cholestrol and tryglicerides were high. So now I am eating healthy and feel good.
Nancy B.    
Hermosa L
on 2/3/11 6:11 am
I hope you get better quickly and back on track.

My only suggestion is not to buy stuff you will eventually eat too much of .. you can't eat more than 1 apple in a sitting so try snacking on fruit or veggies.

My favorite snack right now is non fat greek yogurt mixed with a hidden valley ranch packet and I dip carrots, cucumber, celery, bell pepper .. even if you eat the whole container it's not more than 150 calories plus the veggies aren't much

Air popcorn is another good option if you have an air popper if not try the 98% free microwavable kind.. Sugar Free popiscles help crave my sweet tooth and the most I can eat is 3 and that's like what 30 calories.

Edamane is another good veggie to snack on if you eat them out of the shell it takes a little effort and it feels like snacking.

Good luck..
whatadream
on 2/3/11 7:27 am - NH
Sorry to hear about your health.  You will be in my prayers.
Stephanie M.
on 6/28/12 11:54 pm
 How are you doing now???

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

RitaF123
on 2/3/11 12:14 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
You will be in my prayers. I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery!

Most Active