This does not even feel real!!!

Bo Meso
on 2/3/11 1:39 am
Its only been six days and I already have lost 10lbs it seems like its a dream. I keep wondering if the scale is broke. I was so afraid that this would not be a successful journey for me but everyday I am surprised of my ever growing commitment to this process. Seeing the scale move in the right direction is a real incentive for me. Hopefully the more I go through this process the less doubt I will have. Before surgery I thought I would be THAT person that would struggle and not see success. I didn't even want to get my hopes up in fear of falling flat on my face, but I have a feeling that everything will be alright!
sheri4l
on 2/3/11 2:08 am
Congrats I am only a few days behind you and yes it does seem weird. Although I have not seen the scale yet to notice that kind of different but the hungry is not there!

Bo Meso
on 2/3/11 2:40 am
your absolutely right, my appetite is no were near what is was before!
hedgehogdude
on 2/3/11 5:07 am - CO
Just keeping things real...your appetite will come back, probably with a vengeance, and the weight loss will slow down.  The first week or two following a diet change is always dramatic in terms of weight loss.

The good news is, once you start getting fills (or if you're a lucky one who doesn't need a fill right away) you'll most likely get some decent appetite suppression back and the weight loss will continue, albeit at a much slower pace.  Typical expected weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week once you get past the initial drop.

Not trying to be negative or discourage you, really quite the opposite.  Sounds like you're off to a great start and have a good mindset.  I just happened to read your post and thought "Hmm, I sure hope she doesn't expect to continue to lose 10 pounds a week."  We see a lot of posts from folks who suddenly stop losing, or even gain, after that initial drop, and they get so discouraged.  Keep your eye on the long-term goal, enjoy the successes, and know that the obstacles are most likely temporary and you'll get past them.

Good luck!

Most Active