To Fill or Not

WantingToBeThing
on 2/2/11 9:30 am
I had several cc taken out last april 2010. gained back up several lbs. got back on track with my eating as of jan. 15 2011. i did the 5 day pouch test. back tight again, but am able to eat a good salad and 1 sm piece of fish. last night. today tried to eat an egg and cheese omlet at ihop with parents around lunch and could not get down but 4 bites. just wondering should i try to keep on with out a fill or should i try to go maybe get 1 cc.
steelerfan1
on 2/2/11 10:54 am
I have not had a fill yet and Im over 2 months post op and I have nothing in my band yet.

I will be very conservative with my fills when I go get them it will have to be to the point when I stop losing weight or not losing my 8 pounds per month then I will go get one.

I follow these guidelines as long as I can go more 3 hrs plus without getting hungry (physical) then I will not get one .

When I eat properly get at least 20 grams to 25 grams of protein in per meal I can go a good 3-5 hrs without eating .

My doc will not give a fill if you can do that and plus he will not give you a fill if you are losing at a decent rate.

If you can only eat that much and you are getting full I would not personally go and get one but that is just me .

the longer I can go without fills is fine with me.  I dont want to get into the fill and unfill game if I dont have to .

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Kate -True Brit
on 2/2/11 3:30 pm - UK

It is always hard to decide when the band is being a bit inconsistent!

I have always erred on the side of caution. I never got a fill unless I could eat too much at almost every meal and as well as that, i got physically hungry about 2 hours after a meal.

The amount you are describing sounds about the amount I consider to be OK. I don't measure and in the UK we don't use "cups" but I guess i always eat about a cup of food, perhaps even a  bit more.

But i could never eat more than a few bites of omelette - a difficult food for me!

In your place, I would probably wait a bit. And if i did get a fill, would perhaps get less than 1cc.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active