Anyone been too tight!!!

kim marsden
on 2/2/11 4:29 am - Canada
So went for a top up this past weekend and my TOM came ealy in the week instead of later this week and yesterday morning I started drinking my water and I kept getting almost like a cramp/pain three seconds after I swallowed.  The pain was right in my clevage area and only last for  a couple seconds but it almost feels like I have gas pain.  Today water doesn't seem so bad to get down but i just had a pudding to see how it was and i do notice a little more pain when eating the pudding.  Anyone feel my pain before?
NCA2008
on 2/2/11 4:32 am - NC
I usually get tight right before and at the beginning of TOM. Just eat slow..and prime your band first..take a few sips of warm liquid. Good luck! -Nikki

Start/293lbs   Current/189lbs  Goal/160lbs

Jo N.
on 2/2/11 4:41 am - Crawfordsville, IN
Prime w/some as warm/hot as you can stand water/tea. Sometimes if I get like that & priming doesn't seem to work, I'll raise my hands above my head & ask my husband (or older son) to gently patty/rub in between my shoulder blades on my back. If I can motivate a burp or move the "gas" feeling so it's not painful that makes me feel better also.
Five+ YEARS WITH THE LAP-BAND( 8/31/05)
Highest Weight: 317/Surgery Weight: 267/Lowest Weight: 148
Currently Filled 1.4cc in a 4 cc band APBand
Panniculectomy w/psudeo TT proformed by Dr Bergman 10/8/2009
Need Help With Success? Read a Geneen Roth Book. "When Food Is Love!"

kim marsden
on 2/2/11 4:47 am - Canada
Thanks Ladies, I actually have no problem getting burps out on my own which is good and I t hink the discomfort is getting less as I get closer to the end of TOM but I just don't know if I should go get a little unfill anyways so it doesn't happen again.  I have had my band for just over a year and a half and have had no issues with tightness.  I have also started working out with a personal trainer and had a work out session doing wieghts and wondering if the stiffness and soreness in my chest and arms if making it feel a little worse than what it is as well.
Tiff tells all
on 2/2/11 5:18 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
you might be a tad too tight when this is all said and done. So be careful. I rode that fine line for a few months. To the point that I had to do resort to liquids the first day of TOM. I was not happy. And one day it got tight during tom and didn't let up. So seek help if you start getting heartburn or repeated PB's. Also remember that if you do end up PBing you should go on liquids for 24 hrs to get the swelling down.

Make sure you are well hydrated. It will help.

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

Most Active