Long Road Back ...

Hermosa L
on 2/2/11 12:36 am

I had a series of things happen at the end of the year that made me gain some weight back. I don't blame my band of course it didn't drive to the store and buy those cheetos and cookies on it's own. I DID ... I gained from NOV - New Years approx 18 pounds.... WHOA a lot I know but what I went through was probably one of the hardest times of my life.

New Years I knew I had to move forward.. I had to get back to work, reality, and myself NOT the old pre-surgery Lizette but back to the Lizette I had become.

So I started with grocery shopping .. buying all the good stuff to keep at house: Proteins, fruit, veggies, cheese 2% - laughing cow light etc, carb master yogurts, and grains etc

Little by little I started to make better food choices at each meal and not indulge so much then with a little more time I went back to the gym.. each week becoming a little more compliant
With a little more time I started to take it seriously.. Gyming with gutso!! Making sure I make my egg scramble for breakfast ahead of time to take to work for 3 days worth of breakfast... things that took real effort.

I'm not a great scale person I hate the thing and when I first had surgery I wouldn't jump on a scale till a dr's appointment. So I haven't jumped on a scale YET ... I feel better and I can tell you I look better!! My skin, my skirt is roomy today and I'm on TOM .. so this post is for those who have lost their ways. Don't worry about going COLD TURKEY to make changes.. I did it in steps... and I'm sure I haven't lost 18 pounds in a month but I might of lost 5 and I'm very happy about that. I will jump on the scale next week I promise (I went and bought one because the one at the gym sucks) I will let you guys know the results.

One quick Rant - I didn't go to crash dieting either! Though I might of been successful if I would of done a LOW calorie, super low carb or shakes and a sensible dinner to lose this weight  quickly I didn't do it. Overall how I plan to eat right now is how I plan to eat for the rest of my life so I want to adapt those skills now .. not rely on crash diets for 2 weeks and continue the YO YO of dieting that I'm have struggled with my whole life.  I have NO problem with people who are low carb but I don't think it's successful as a diet but more as a lifestyle.. and that's just not for me. I like bananas on the occasion and pears etc.. so  I could never go low carb .. I could of gymed and starved myself .. I didn't do that either lol

Keep trucking along and remember to make great choices today :)

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/11 12:57 am - Des Moines, IA
Great choices for today!  I Love that saying!  Proud of you and you are so right, this if for life, it's not a diet.  My goal is to get as healthy as I can and in good physical shape. 

Take care,
Kristi
Tiff tells all
on 2/2/11 12:59 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
I like your style and sensible approach to living maintenance as a way of life before goal.  That's my way too.  Glad to see you back on the boards!

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

psychomom
on 2/2/11 7:19 am - China Grove, NC
Hate you had such a rough time but so glad you are coming back to your journey and making good choices. Its not a race it is a life and you are doing it right. If you crash diet the weight off you will eventually crash pile it back on ....ask me ....I know!!!! LOL   For me it is not about deprivation it is about sensiblity .Great job on looking and feeling better!!!! =)

Most Active