Whats for lunch today?

Tiff tells all
on 2/1/11 5:47 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
I had every intention of taking a picture of the beautiful lunch I prepared for myself but I can't find that dumb camera.

I have it beautifully arranged on a long rimmed sushi platter even though it's not sushi. Here goes from Left to right.

4 slices of Canadian bacon cut in half.  A dollop of Di Formaggio,  a few leaves of basil, a few slices of red pepper  also halved. A few sprigs of cilantro, a few slivers of asiago and a handful of whole wheat crackers. Oh and two tiny baked meat balls. Don't forget those!

This is a delicious explosion of flavor combinations. Pile up the treats this way or that. It doesn't matter. YUM!!!!  I've found that by adding a wide variety of flavors to a meal, I come away from the table much more satisfied mentally. I usually always leave satisfied physically.   And if you add it all up, it's still only about 4 oz's.

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/11 6:18 am - Des Moines, IA
That sounds good!  So what is Di Formaggio?

I had a salmon patty and 1/2c of Edamame. 
Tiff tells all
on 2/1/11 6:29 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
a wonderful creamy cheese. A bit like a triple cream brie but BETTER!

Tiff

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/11 6:49 am - Des Moines, IA
never tasted triple cream brie either... hahaha  It sounds yummy though......
Tiff tells all
on 2/1/11 6:56 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
I used to turn my  nose up at having to pay 4 dollars for a tiny block of cheese. But now days when that tiny triangle can last me about 5 snacky meals... well, I decided I'm worth the expense. I'm eating healthier than ever, fresher than ever and I'm happier to experiment more now then EVER before. I'm worth it!

And one day I thought to myself, "why are you cringing at paying that amount for that one fre****em? How much would you pay to be thin and healthy?" And so the practice of buying fresh ingredients came to be the little cheese habit you hear about today.

Tiff

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/11 11:54 pm - Des Moines, IA
Tiff, I grew up with boring food being served and I am trying to expand my horizons, so I love hearing about new things.  Life is too short to eat the same boring things over and over.
So thanks for everything you share on this board.  Also I love hearing about all the fun activities that you do.
Hugs,
Kristi
(deactivated member)
on 2/1/11 6:41 am
From what  has been going on the past two days on this forum a large serving of crow would be appropriate. 
BluestCat
on 2/1/11 6:54 am
OOOOOOH triple cream brie! Now I am sad, as my band doesn't like cheese. Imagine that.

Most Active