What a ONDERFUL day..........

happy-mommy
on 2/2/11 8:44 pm - MD
That's right....I made ONDERLAND.  After a couple of weeks of bouncing back and forth I finally saw 198.8 this morning. I am exactly .4 lbs away from my 40 pound mark.  I was banded on October 15, 2010-  Oh how I love my band. It has not been an easy four months (first no restriction and then I was so tight I could barely eat). I don't think I am in the "green" yet but I hesitate to get a fill until I have really mastered the band rules.  Slowly but surely I am learning to take small bites and eat slowly.  I have always devoured my food so this new way of eating has been a long time in the making and I still mess up at times.  I PB more often than I should but it is getting better and that is because I finally understand how important it is to take small bites and eat slowly.  This is a way of life!!! 

I always love reading other people's NSVs so I have decided to start my own list:

1. My DH and I bought a new mattress a year ago and I HATED it because my back hurt every morning.  I was constantly cursing the mattress and ready to sell it.  Guess what everybody...it wasn't the mattress...it was my weight that was causing the problem.  I am now LOVING my mattress!

2.  I had constant foot and knee pain...both gone with the loss of 40 lbs!!!

3.  My size 18 slacks are falling off of me today. 

4.  I bought myself a winter jacket four years ago after my son was born because none of my other winter jackets fit me at the time. It was a tad snug but I swore I would lose 10lbs and it would fit great.  It never did and it was worn maybe 5x.  Guess what.....I am the proud owner of a beautiful new winter jacket that fits me again. It is very stylish and I feel like a superstar in it :)

5. My family ordered Ledo's pizza last night.  For those of you in and around the DC area, you know just how good Leo's pizza tastes.  They are small square pieces and prior to surgery I would have had like 10 pieces.  Guess what people..I ate (very slowly) four pieces and didn't PB.  I followed the band rules and didn't over do it. I could NEVER have stopped at four in the past. 

6.  I am starting to pay attention to my body and am really listening for soft stops.  Sometimes it s a runny nose, hiccup or I can feel the food in my chest.  I have learned that this means I am done.  I love that!!! 

7. I am starting to cross m y legs more.  I love crossing my legs but couldn't do it since I had babies...oh how I love you, band! 

8.  I have NEVER cooked but am starting to really enjoy throwing together a great crock pot meal.  Two nights ago I made a shredded chicken barbeque and my family went crazy for it (even my two year old). 

I think that is my big ones for now but I will try to update my list on occasion.

Happy Thursday band family.

Jo
barrettk
on 2/2/11 8:56 pm - Manassas, VA
REALIZE Band on 02/03/10 with
Congratulations Jo!  That's wonderful!  It's really great to celebrate successes.  And I totally understand the pizza victory.  I went to Costco the other day (huge pieces) and shared one piece with my toddler.  It was great and cheap. 

Current fill in 11cc band is 10.4ccs.
spuddzy
on 2/3/11 10:03 am - NY
I'm so happy for you. I lost 27 lbs since I was banded. My dream is wonderland. I can't wait. Good luck with your new body and success and continue to do everything right. I think I'm going to buy a crock pot tommorw.  I think it will be easier/ Just think summer will feel great for all of us...

spuddzy

PalmettoCrab
on 2/2/11 9:13 pm - Lady's Island, SC
Kristen  Put on your Big Girl Panties and DEAL with it!!        
NCA2008
on 2/2/11 9:31 pm - NC
AWESOME!! I still remember that day...stepping on the scale and seeing a 1 in front..it's an amazing feeling. Congratulations! -Nikki

Start/293lbs   Current/189lbs  Goal/160lbs

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/11 12:02 am - Des Moines, IA
Congrats on reaching onederland!  What a onederful achievement for you and who knew the number "1" could be so fun!  Keep up the great work!
Hermosa L
on 2/3/11 12:57 am
Continued band success :)
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/11 11:35 am
Congrats GIrl!,,,Way to work your band!...
adorkbl
on 2/3/11 11:54 am
CONGRATS!! 

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 2/3/11 12:12 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Congratulation Jo,
You are doing a fabulous job .  Before you know it you will be at goal. 
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Most Active