Am I forgetting something??

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/11 10:05 am
I see my surgeon for the last time tomorrow before surgery...I am just wondering if I seem to be forgetting to ask him some questions?...I have been a lurker on here for forever..LOL..and I have researched and researched and researched some more...I have collected so much paperwork from my nut that I have to put it in a binder....I feel like I should be nervous or scared or something...but Im not...I fear there must be something wrong with me....LOL...Maybe it will hit me on the morning of surgery....
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/11 10:09 am - Des Moines, IA
Sounds like  you have done your work and you are ready!  I wasn't nervous, just excited.  Good luck and let us know how it goes. We have a spot on the Loser's Bench for you!
confusedturtle
on 2/2/11 10:53 am - Norfolk, VA
Im just begining my journey to lap band-ia   so i can't offer any advice.  I think you are not nervous because you know that you have done all of the research and you are confident in your decision.  You will do great and I can't wait to read your post op story.  I wish you lots of luck.  Have a great night, get plenty of rest and I hope you have an easy surgery and a fast and easy recovery.  God bless
kathkeb
on 2/2/11 11:08 am
I didn't really go through the nervous/scared phase.

I was prepped, ready and knew what to expect (I asked many, many questions of the surgeon, the local support group attendees and this group).

Make sure you completely understand your post-op protocol
1.  what you can eat, how much and when
2.  how often you will see the surgeon or nurse
3.  when you can expect your fills to start and how often
4.  what happens in an emergency --- do you go to the ER, or do you call the doc for advice first?

Once I knew all of that, I was good to go --- I completely trusted my surgeon and he has never disappointed me.

Best of luck!!
Kath

mstrip59
on 2/3/11 1:21 am
I wasn't nervous, just ready to start a new phase in my life. Keep us posted about your surgery and anything else you need support and/or information about.
Tiff tells all
on 2/3/11 1:38 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19

I agree to find out your post-op eating plan.

Have them lay it out very plainly. What you can eat and when. This info helped me so much to keep my sanity during an already stressful time.

Also- if you have questions, who to email/call during office hours and after office hours. 

I'm excited for you Momma!

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/11 3:44 am
Thanx gals...I saw my surgeon today...And was scheduled for surgery on Feb. 9th...I didnt really have any questions...That was until I got home..LOL..but I will just call the office...But isnt it funny how we only remember everything we wanted to ask on the drive home...
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 2/3/11 12:24 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery.  Sounds like you're ready.  We'll make room for you here on the loser's bench.
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Most Active