Lapband..Starting Puree Friday..NEED HELP!

Jo N.
on 2/2/11 10:31 am - Crawfordsville, IN
OMGOSH! YES! EGGDROP SOUP! Need a diffent "LOVE IT" button for that. I never get tired of egg drop soup, Yummo!
Five+ YEARS WITH THE LAP-BAND( 8/31/05)
Highest Weight: 317/Surgery Weight: 267/Lowest Weight: 148
Currently Filled 1.4cc in a 4 cc band APBand
Panniculectomy w/psudeo TT proformed by Dr Bergman 10/8/2009
Need Help With Success? Read a Geneen Roth Book. "When Food Is Love!"

Tommy1188
on 2/2/11 11:02 am
Thank you so much! I have heard about the refried beans alot. I have to figure that out. Do i blend them? or just melt cheese over them and smu**** around to make it like a dip w/ some sour cream? Thank you for your reply! I am not sure yet how long I have to do puree but I hope I have enough options before hand!
Jo N.
on 2/2/11 11:14 am - Crawfordsville, IN
Just about everyone has a different recipe for their favorite refried beans. The one I used 75% of the time was warm up the beans... then thin them out using chicken broth so they weren't so thickly pasty & melt the cheese on top. I preferred cheese melted on top as sort of like a crust like item. I've heard people th out thin the beans using sour cream & then stir in the already melted cheese. You can thin out the beans w/beef broth & add melted jack cheese. Refried beans thin out w/cream of chicken or golden mushroom soups are also good. The variations can just go on & on. But please take my advice to take your time picking out quality good refried beans. Don't be scared to go check out a local Mexican market either. That's where my favorite brand is at. 

Tommy1188
on 2/2/11 11:21 am
I like to cook, but i dont understand all cooking terms haha. When you say, thin out beans, what exactly do you mean? mixing the beans with some broth or sourcream and cheese? That sounds so delicious! Friday can not come sooner! this liquid diet is so mentally draining! But i figure, I quit smoking FOR GOOD! I did the pre surgical diet, i did the surgery itself, and now the liquids. I feel like after doing all that I can continue and I will succeed. I am just mentally tired especcially with no energy because its clear liquids. Beauty comes with Pain.
Jo N.
on 2/2/11 12:04 pm - Crawfordsville, IN
Yes... that's what I mean by thinning. Because the refried beans are really naturally thick & pasty like. It might be hard to swallow thru the newly band opening. So you use the broths, soups, & melted cheeses to thin it down to a consistency more tolerable for your band. You'll be surprised the number of variations you'll be able to come up with all starting with your can of refried beans, hahaha! 

Most Active