Lapband..Starting Puree Friday..NEED HELP!

Tommy1188
on 2/2/11 9:14 am
Hello,

My name is Thomas.
I recently had the Lapband done Friday 1/28/11. This Friday, I begin the Puree Stage. I am very confused. I am a server and I need ideas that will make my shift easier for when I eat. I am aware about Split Pea soup, Squash soup, and Creamy Soups, which will be easy for me to heat up at work, however; I am unaware of what else is easy to make and satisfying. I googled ideas but I do not get many ideas. I am finally finishing my Clear Liquid Diet which has been unbelieveable! I am proud of myself for getting through it. PLease help if anyone has any suggestions.
airhead_74
on 2/2/11 9:30 am
DS on 08/20/12
Is it from clear liquids to full liquids or puree/mushy foods? I liked tomato soup and protein shakes (my favirite is Carnation Instant breakfast SF). Make sure you get enough proteins. I added unflavored whey (Any Whey) to my soups to help boost my protein.

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

Tommy1188
on 2/2/11 11:13 am

Thank you! I have Chocolate Whey Protein. I am sure it will not affect the taste of my soup if I add alittle just to make sure I get the extra Protein I need. I plan on having at least one shake a day. I also want to try chicken or tuna salad. Is it best to make it as usual than blend it? Bad idea to get it premade from the store and blend it? with the celery in it etc.?

Thank you for your help!

Lada Phillips
on 2/2/11 9:33 am - Saint John, Canada
I go for my surgery Feb 25th

Funny enough, I went to a baby shower on the weekend and asked about baby food

I was given this website.  It's homemade baby food..try it out
http://weelicious.com/

Lada
Carriecool
on 2/2/11 9:40 am - VA

Hi Thomas!

I just had my surgery on 1/24/11.  I'm enjoying the Carnation Instant Breakfast Sugar Free pre-made shakes.  I'm picky, and I love them!  I just had some lovely tomato soup with cheese melted in it.  I've also been enjoying refried beans with melted cheese, medium salsa, and a little bit of sour cream.  Super yummy!  Just like eating the dip with out the chips!

I can't wait for the mushy stage!  Good luck and I hope this helps!

Carrie

Tommy1188
on 2/2/11 11:10 am
Thank you and Congrats! Yes, mine was the 28th and this friday I end my clear liquids and move to my puree, for how long, i am not sure yet, but I just need to move to something other than just Broth and clear liquids. I am excited to have to creamy soups like tomato, split pear, sqaush etc. I will actually enjoy them and will not have to do much work at all. I know you can blend just about anything but I am not aware of what blends well and tastes well or what goes into the blender. I have the bullet. Did you smush or blend the refried beans first? than melt the cheese on? or did u blend it all with the salsa and sour cream to make it like the dip?
I know you mentioned you had the tomato soup with cheese. Are you on Puree now? or is there a differene between puree and mushy?

Thank yoy for your suggestion! =D
Wendybrum
on 2/2/11 9:41 am - Oceanside, NY
 Hi Thomas,
1st congrats on surgery. I found that if I cooked regular food. and mashed it in the blender or magic bullet that worked. Almost anything blends. Oe of my favorite meals was either chicken with mayo in the blender or chili in the blender with veggies. I stir fried the veggie and then blended them. 
I then but them in easy carry containers and then took them to work with a teaspoon and this became no brainer meals.

Good luck.
Wendy

fairy_kissez
on 2/2/11 9:45 am - Albuquerque, NM
watered down malt-o-meal was a life saver for me!!!!

Jen

lapband in 2008 at 298lbs , lowest weight was 183lbs , Band almost killed me and removed in 2011. No revison because to much damage for revision.

Anti Lap-band advocate!

Jo N.
on 2/2/11 10:03 am - Crawfordsville, IN
My favorite was refried beans thinned out with reduced sodium chicken broth (you have no idea how much that really does flavor those beans) & fat free cheese.
Five+ YEARS WITH THE LAP-BAND( 8/31/05)
Highest Weight: 317/Surgery Weight: 267/Lowest Weight: 148
Currently Filled 1.4cc in a 4 cc band APBand
Panniculectomy w/psudeo TT proformed by Dr Bergman 10/8/2009
Need Help With Success? Read a Geneen Roth Book. "When Food Is Love!"

reneekennedy11
on 2/2/11 10:29 am - CA
Yeah its a tricky one but it becomes kinda fun...I did refried beans...with some low fat sour cream on top...I did cottage cheese...and yogurts....i made some egg salad and even some tuna....cream soups...some do baby foods...I havent done that yet...I might since I have one week left....Oh and Egg drop soup is fabulous!!! I started that towards the end of my liquid phase...It was awesome! Good luck!
Most Active