OK, ladies, let's talk panties

Stephanie M.
on 2/2/11 10:36 pm
I prefer the high cut, but not so high on the leg that my panni hangs out...I just tuck it in!  I have some old Wacoal panties that I bought when I had my hysterectomy in 2002 (I bought 4 bras and 8 pairs of matching panties to celebrate).  They're high cut, but again, I just tuck the bugger in.  My most recent panty purchase was at Costco...variety of colors in high cut or hipster are available and they are seamless and show no lines, 6 pr for 9.99.
I do wear low-rise (not the kind the kids were wearing a couple of years ago) jeans because I have a long waist and short legs...I wear petite pants even though I am over 5'5"...they sit right at my natural waist and don't irritate my port.
I am still investigating "shapewear" for my stubborn belly fat.  Any suggestions??

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Lauran D.
on 2/2/11 10:39 pm - Apex, NC
I think the common characteristic that all of my panties must have is spandex.  They just fit me better over all.  My favorite panties are from the CACI collection at Lane Bryant...I don't know what the correct term for them is, but they feel like a low rise brief to me.  They definitely fall way under my belly button, but they're cut so that my panni doesn't hang out of the sides.  I think that the key is getting a snug (not tight), yet comfortable fit.  Too tight and they'll give you that dreaded side cut around your hips, and too loose they'll roll down under your tummy all day. 

I've always always always been a fan of pretty panties.  It's one of the things that I've missed so much since I packed on that last 70lbs.  But ahhhhhhhhhh...we're slowly but surely rebuiliding our relatinship and I LOVE it!  Wearing a pair of pretty panties makes you feel like you have a little secret and it's so ultra-feminine

Jean M.
on 2/3/11 12:19 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Gotta love the girly stuff!

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

grmadeb01
on 2/3/11 3:07 am - FL
ok i am going to ask a very silly question on this thread. What the heck is the panni? you all are talking about it sticking out and tucking it in...in my mind eye, i am visioning all kinds of things...so yes i am asking this silly question
please bear with me...

thanks and please dont laugh..but yes this has caused some funny visions in my mind,
have a great day
KayBee01
on 9/16/11 11:18 am - Canada
Oh I am so glad someone asked that question and someone answered.  I now have a "name" for my main problem.  I had a tummy tuck done many years ago and several surgeries following in very same incision area so as I've put weight on....my tummy is still pretty flat but my "panni" is there from hip to hip.  I've been trying to find shapewear of some kind that will support it and smooth things out but its very difficult....not too many advertise that they give support in this area, lol !!!  So any suggestions greatly appreciated.  So glad I found this web site.

Karen
Jean M.
on 2/3/11 5:05 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Not a silly question at all.

"Panni" is a slang word for "pannus", which is an overhang of skin and fat. A pannus is a common result of obesity, pregnancy, and/or weight loss. On me, it looks like an apron of flab hanging from my lower abdomen and over my pubic area. Oh, so attractive.

A pannus can be removed with a plastic surgery procedure called a panniculectomy, which just involves removing the excess tisse, or via an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) which removes the excess tissue and also tightens up the underlying muscles. My medical insurance won't pay for either procedure unless the pannus is causing me severe medical problems like skin infections or interference with ambulation, so I'm doing my best to get along with my panni and choose clothing and underwear that don't accentuate it.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Most Active