Got my referral today...

confusedturtle
on 2/2/11 6:13 am - Norfolk, VA
and now it is time to wait.  I have to call in 2 days (Friday evening) to see if they can set an appointment for me.  My doctor has asked me to please give it one more try while I wait for my consultation and begin the process.  I plan to, I told her I still plan to see the dietician and follow her diet and advice as best as I can.  whether I have surgery or not I need help finding the right foods and eating better so I can lose weight and improve my health.  I also have to make an appt with the psych doc and talk to him/her as well, my doctor says it will help me to realize why I eat and give me ideas for ways to replace eating with something healthy   
Jean M.
on 2/2/11 6:37 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Turtle,

One step at a time. I think you have a good attitude. Hopefully you can benefit from all of the bariatric professionals you meet along the way.  Just keep on keepin' on!

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

confusedturtle
on 2/2/11 6:41 am - Norfolk, VA
  Thank you so much   
janice34
on 2/2/11 7:42 am
Welcome!!! Are you not sure this is what you want to do or is it just your Dr wants you to think a little more? Just make sure that you chose to do what is best for you and you are sure of your decision. I wish you the best of luck!
confusedturtle
on 2/2/11 10:42 am - Norfolk, VA
I do want to to have lap band surgery.  I have been fighting with my wieght for about 11 years, the first few years I guess I didn't realize it had gotten so bad.  I went from a size 7 to a size 16 in a year, after a car accident.  It wasn't because of the accident, I gained it because I quit all exercise and started eating really bad.  I have tried alot of different diets out there, I will lose weight and then I always go back and undo all of my hard work.  I think that having something to let me know that I have had enough would be a huge help.  I will follow a diet for a month or two and then have a bad day and slip right back into bad habits.  I know that this wont stop me from eating the wrong things but it will limit me, and I need that.  The dietician & psych will help me to make better choices and see why I keep going back to bad habits and my hope is that all 3 will be what I need to make this a forever change and not a "diet".  My doctor wants me to exhaust all options before having the surgery, she says I am young and that I can do this on my own.  I want to believe her but this is one time Im willing to say I need help.  I have tried and I just can't seem to do it on my own.  I think that lap band will offer me what I need, restriction.  Thank you for the well wishes  I appreciate it   
Most Active