Today's NSV

Jean M.
on 2/2/11 6:06 am
Revision on 08/16/12

Today I'm doing a clear liquid diet as prep for a routine colonoscopy tomorrow. My mom had colon cancer, so these colonoscopies are important. Not painful, but not fun. I'm very cranky. I've gone beyond the physically hungry stage into the not hungry but feel lousy because I need to eat stage. Hey, I am a bandster, I know how to do liquid diets! But not enjoy them...

Anyway, I had an appt for a check-up with my internist this morning. He did an EKG and blood tests. The EKG looks normal except for the heart murmur we already knew I have (born with it). The tests showed great improvement from what they were when I first saw him last winter. BP, cholesterol, tricglycerides, blood sugar, A1C, ALL NORMAL. He was thrilled with that, and the 20 pounds I've lost, and my workouts. So, a good report. That got better when...

I said that my pre-op weight was 221 (I'm 5'2"). My doctor's assistant swiveled around on her chair and gave me a "WHAT??!!" look. I said, "Yes, it's true. I looked like a bowling pin." She said, "I never, ever would have guessed that you were ever that heavy." And my doctor said, "Me either."

To me, this means that I not only have recovered from obesity, but from its insidious side effects, such as low self-esteem. It means that I present myself to others as a confident, secure, intelligent adult instead of a miserable person who just wants to hide and is covered up with shame. To me, that's one big NSV!

Now, you tell me: have you had any NSV's today? They don't need to be dramatic. They just need to give your lazy mind a little poke that says, "Getting better every day!"

Jean 

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

OzzieGirl
on 2/2/11 8:03 am - NY
Lap Band on 11/16/10 with
My NSV was actually last night. My husband and I got into a little argument with my older son. We were insisting that he take driver's ed. He is going to be 17 in June and graduating from high school. We told him that if he decides to stay home for college, he will be responsible for driving himself to school every day (and stop counting on me as his chauffeur!) Imaging, we had to push our son to take driver's ed!

Anyway, after the argument, I walked into the kitchen. The old me would have grabbed anything in sight. The new me took a deep breath and the voice in my head said, "Not this time...not anymore!" I shut the kitchen light and went to bed.

Getting better every day....

Dina
OzzieGirl             
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/11 11:40 am - Des Moines, IA
Good job Dina!  I like that saying, "Not this time, not anymore!"  

Has your son drove much with you?  In Iowa they can get their permit to drive with parents at the age of 14.  I had them drive with me everywhere to get as much experience as possible.  The first time they drove off on their own, it was a little scary, but all part of letting go.  Good luck.
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/11 11:36 am - Des Moines, IA
Hey Jean, I'm glad you are getting that colonoscopy done.  Good for you!  And all of those normal lab results are something WAY better than what the silly scale shows!  That is GREAT!

Trying to think of a NSV... hmmm.... Okay while doing the 30 day shred, I was able to do 2 more push ups compared to yesterday!  WooHOO

There's  a lean, mean Kristi, under the jiggly skin and fat. hahaha

Let us know how it goes for you!

Hugs,
Kristi
Hermosa L
on 2/3/11 1:23 am
My NVS for the day is...

1. My skirt is too big (it wasn't two weeks ago)
2. I wore a ribbed sweater which I would of NEVER done .. actually I almost returned the sweater because the ribbed spreads and I just don't like the way it looks but it was COLD and I needed a sweater so I wore it.

3. As I wore this outfit all day it got HUGE on me ..

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Jean M.
on 2/3/11 5:22 am
Revision on 08/16/12
I wore a big, bulky sweater too today. Doesn't look good, but I just can't get warm!

Having your skirt get too big in only 2 weeks is a mixed blessing, isn't it? You feel great that you're getting skinnier, but you sure haven't gotten much wear out of that skirt. Time to visit the Goodwill Store!

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

OzzieGirl
on 2/3/11 4:17 am - NY
Lap Band on 11/16/10 with
Hi Kristi - Thanks for the support. I live in New York and the kids can't get a Learner's Permit until they are 16. They can only drive at 17 if they've taken Driver's Education, otherwise they can't drive until 18. Looking forward to giving up my chauffeur's cap!!

Dina
OzzieGirl             
Most Active