Trader Joe's suggestions

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/11 12:07 am
I want a Trader Joes  Whaaaaaa!!!
MARIA F.
on 2/2/11 12:49 am - Athens, GA

They have bison burgers, Better n Butter (kind of a healthier peanut butter), crab cakes, and lost of ppl love their B-12.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Lisa O.
on 2/2/11 12:54 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Oh man!  You're going to have fun!  Here we go:

Frozen:
Turkey meat balls
butter fly'd shimp, (great on the grill or baked)
edamame
steel cut oatmeal, (yes it's frozen).  Very hearty but delish and easy.
fish, many varieties
Mango chunks, (great with CC)

Refrigerated:
prepared Italian style meatloaf.  I take it for lunches.
hummas (we like the trio package-something for every taste)
egg white salad, (I like the spicy one best)
Excellent chicken, ( a little more expensive but worth it because it's not pumped full of water)
Nice selection of chicken/turkey sausages
Their brand greek yogurt is my favorite.  I use FF plain and add my own berries with sweetner.  (flavored yogurts have too much sugar for my program)
I also like their LF cottage cheese

Nuts:
Awesome individually packaged almonds
I also like their unsalted cashews
For a special treat try the flavored almonds, (bu****ch your portions).  I especially like the honey sesame almonds.
I also have their individually packaged trail mix in my desk drawer at work.

Misc:
100 calorie oatmeal, choc chip cookies
They have a variety of low cal chips, etc.  I like their corn chips, (with salsa and FF refried beans)  and their honey wheat pretzels, (with sweet hot mustard for dipping)
Jarred pasta sauces:  I like the arrabiata best because it has a little kick.  I brown 1 lb of lean ground turkey with mushrooms and add a whole jar of this sauce.  I eat this often w/o pasta.  Good flavorful protein.  Basically thick spaghetti sauce with out the noodles.
Black bean soup, (comes in a carton).  I love this for tight days or a warm treat.  70 cal for 1 cup.
Almond breeze Unsweetend vanilla.  It's milk made from almonds.  No dairy, less calories.  I use it for cereal, protein shakes, just about anything.  My husband likes it too!

Make sure you have time to cruise each aisle.  Have fun!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/11 1:02 am - Des Moines, IA
WOW, thank you so much for all of the suggestions!  I really want to try new things and I appreciate you taking the time to share.  Please keep the suggestions coming. I'm going to print this all off and save it. 

You all are wonderful!
Hugs,
Kristi
NCA2008
on 2/2/11 4:36 am - NC
Some of my favs...

Frozen Turkey Meatballs
Hummus
Teriyaki Chicken
Pizza dough (for the kids)
The huge nut section!

Start/293lbs   Current/189lbs  Goal/160lbs

JoMixx
on 2/2/11 6:36 am - West Yarmouth, MA
I've been going to TJ since I was a little kid growing up in LA!!! Anyhow - EVERYTHING is good at TJ's but my favorite is their steaks.  The cuts are tender and really don't need seasoning. However, it's really expensive so it ends up I only buy it for a special occasion.
Surgery 1/6/11 , 14ml band - 0ml fill      
hopeinarizona
on 2/2/11 6:44 am
Oh my gosh, sooooo many things at TJ's !

Individual serving bags of low-fat kettle corn. They are great to keep in the desk at work for a snack attack
Greek yogurt....blueberry, honey and pomegranate store brand
Reduced fat feta cheese crumbles
Peanut butter with flax seeds
Garlic chipotle salsa
Organic milk (costs less here than at the regular grocery store)
Baby arugula, bagged
Steamer bags of veggies
Cheese, cheese, cheese (hard to stay away), but at awesome prices!
dark chocolate covered cranberries, cherries and blueberries. (Just a few make a sweet and satisfying treat)

Wendybrum
on 2/2/11 10:13 am - Oceanside, NY
 Goat cheese
peanut butter flour
crackers
chicken salad
wendy

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/11 10:21 am - Des Moines, IA

Thanks!  Curious what you make with the peanut butter flour?

Wendybrum
on 2/2/11 10:34 am - Oceanside, NY
 peanut flour is not real flour. it 's defatted peanuts. It has a lot of protein.
I mix it with chilli, yourget , stir fry veggies and sometimes i  make a smoothie with yourget peanut flour and eas proten.
wendy

Most Active