Naomi/Nana wants me to fess up. Confess to why I had complications

Zee Starrlite
on 2/1/11 1:19 am, edited 2/1/11 1:49 am
Wow, you are really sick!  And then you use "God".  You know when reading this post, I had these fleeting thoughts that I'd like to ring your neck and I probably would have as I am extremely passionate in the moment.  You are truly sick. 

I had a very traumatic beginning with the Band.  I was too afraid to do things to harm myself and the Band.  By heart, I am a singer and even though I don't use my gift like I should I didn't want it ruined.  

OMG, I vomitted daily and kept a tight band - NOT EVER, NEVER!!!  God Bless you girl, because one day you will run into the wrong person who will just go wild on your crazy a$$.

You don't know truth.  It only takes a newbie a little time to get that you are a psychopath.

Leila first of all I want to say I am very sorry about you losing your band, the band can be the toughest weight loss surgery in terms getting the weight off, I am sure you KNEW this going in like I did. The band can be a fickle creature and CAN AND WILL turn on you if someone keeps it too tight, I've been there I almost suffered a slip so I KNOW what the band CAN do if someone keeps it too tight too long.

Are you to blame for your complications? Who knows, perhaps you had some hidden issues with your esophagus that was not detected during your pre op testing, I mean come on now, there is really no need to bash the band and harass people on the band boards, I think it's OK to tell people about your complications; people NEED to know what will happens if  someone vomits daily with their bands, this is nothing against you but you need to be truthful and OUT RIGHT ABOUT YOUR COMPLICATIONS AND WHAT LEAD UP TO THAT POINT, don't you remember you posted about you used to cleanse your pouch by silently PBIng every night? I mean you need to be truthful about your problem Leila GOD DON'T LIKE UGLY and you are not being totally truthful about why you had your band removed. I am not flaming you, but remember I REMEMBER EVERY SINGLE BAND BASHER FROM DAY ONE of their problem and DAILY VOMITING with the band. YOU WERE WARNED from the OLD SCHOOL VET BANDSTERS of frequent vomiting and what would happen, sometimes people can get away with it for awhile but sooner or later it will come back to haunt.

Have I had issues with my band? You damn right I have, I've had reflux and even almost slipped my band but I was RESPONSIBLE and got saline removed before permanent damage was done my body and my band, some people will go MONTHS before dragging into the doctor to remove saline band by that time permanent damage is done and THEN you want to BLAME OTHERS FOR YOUR PROBLEMS and say the band is DANGEROUS and everyone is doomed? Please try to PULL THIS OVER SOMEONE ELSE'S EYES WHO DON'T HAVE A BAND OK?....

I am sending this to you with hard love and TRUTH TOO...god bless

Edited to Add: Please allow those who are newbies to get the support they need in peace just like you did in the beginning and take your RANTS to the Failed Weight loss boards, I think people will appreciate you if you support people and warn them about the dangers of being too tight, that can be very beneficial to newbies you know like a warning to not walk in your shoes, now that would be very effective.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/11 2:03 am, edited 2/1/11 2:08 am - ~Somewhere in~, PA
Hello Leila,

Good thing I logged in for lunch today, First of all I am not going to argue with you since I know you are hurting and missing your band and you just need an outlet to vent.

I am not crazy, I am far from it -- I would not be a software engineer if I was crazy, I do have to admit that I post things sometimes to prove a point and to aggravate annoying people on these boards at times to set them straight espeically if they've sent me annoying flames..

But other than than I am very easy going person who can be a bit opinionated at times it's my nature, I never mean to be rude or cruel I am just HONEST.

I am not sure what your intent is and why you are lashing out and apparently at yourself you know I am over 6 years post op, I am happily married and have a wonderful life and no ill effects from my lap band, I do like to log onto OH at times and read the boards to try to keep my self motivated and on track, I lost weight with the Help of the board and I have given much support here over the years, I try to help the newbies FOR FREE, unfortuanltey there are some here that are sneaky and evil and have an agenda to try to rip newbies off some even have books, I try to give back to the baords for free when I can. It bothers me that  many who lost their bands come back and harrass others and I can't believe you are following in the same path.

I don't know you personally and I could less to KNOW anyone on this board personally because I have a REAL FULLING LIFE OUTSIDE THE BOARDS and although I've befriended many over the years here, I just come back here to give support and try to make it fun when I do post.

Again, I back up every thing I have to say, and I don't bite my tongue about NOTHING; you mentioned that you've never had a VOMITING PROBLEM, can you please explain this post you posted a few years ago about your and I qoute "Nudge and upper Pouch Cleaning"? And I was in shock that you would acutally do something this disgusting and frequently? Remember daily vomiting and the band do not mix and people should understand this very clearly.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/lapband/3427601/My-Secret- Anyone-Nudge-an-upper-pouch-cleaning-before-bed/#26710237

By the way this is not a GOTCHA POST, it's confirming that you were proabably a closet bulimic and that do not mix with the band, people really need to know that the band is a very effective long lasting weight loss procedure if using properly.

That's all I have to say on this, have a great day!

» » LAP-BAND ® System Forum » Message Board » My Secret - Anyone N... Post Reply   Topic: My Secret - Anyone Nudge an upper pouch cleaning before bed?

zee starrlite
1 Revision (12/20/10) Member Since: 06/05/03
[Latest Posts]

I just replied with this to a post:

Oh, and I'll tell you my biggest secret that I'll probably get yelled at for revealing.  I bet money that I'm not the only one.  I had a lot of trouble getting things right with my band.  I could never hold a fill when my Band started working.  I would post  - "I still have spinach in my pouch in the morning from dinner - is this normal, has it happened to you?"  and stuff like this used to happen to me.  No one would admit that food remained in their pouch sometimes.  Anyways I never learned how to deal with this so I unfilled completely, refilled, unfilled.  I was never really "tight" ( I mean food wasn't even holding in my upper pouch.  it just arrived there when I  layed down to sleep) so I couldn't understand why I was having reflux  as people kept suggesting you have reflux when you have a tight band. Finally I said I've got to make this work or do something else.  I had WLS and was not losing weight.

Here's what worked for me - I've always brushed my teeth and tongue before bed, but now, I just make sure I brush my tongue a little extra and when there is something left in my pouch (even thick liquid) it comes up softly.  It's not a PB.  My pouch has to be clean before bed or my sleep will be disturbed by choking and coughing which makes me feel like I've been hit by a Mac truck in the morning.  I do too stop eating most times hours before I go to bed. I had never in my life had reflux prebanding.  I've had extensive testing and my band, my stomach, my esophagus is perfect. This is how my band works on me.  I can't be the only one.

Anyways, don't do as I say - do what works for you.  I have not suggested you do what I do.

Anyone do this?

Best,
Leila

Lap Band 3/30/2005  - 12/20/2010

Reply to This Post Quote Post Report Post Contact Friend Block

ladygodiva1228
Putnam, CT
Rodolfo Sanchez (12/31/69) Member Since: 06/01/05
[Latest Posts]

WOW that could end up causing some serious issues with that person's band in the long run.  Its one thing to eat to much to fast or not chew well  or have a tight fill, but to purposely make ones self "clean" their pouch and on an almost daily basis is not good. 
Jenn

Dr. Sanchez 9/12/2003
305/223.5/170 if I get my butt moving
Port repostion Dr. Phol 12/30/2005

Back to the top Reply to This Post Quote Post Report Post Contact Friend Block

zee starrlite
[Latest Posts]

That person is me. It is not PBing (regurgitating) or vomitting from my lower stomach what has been digested.  It is hours after I have eaten and when I am ready to lay down.  It is a very delicate process.  A gentle cough - and from what I understand, a cough does not slip a band.

I don't PB or eat too fast or stuff my pouch - I'd graze before I overstuff my pouch.

If what I'm doing cause "issues" with my band I'd take the risk as this is the only way this process works for me.

I am also going to speak to my doc.  I've explained all the little weird things to him and he is very reassuring.  He admits that the band is not perfect and the weird things that  tell him about is "the band".  It is NOT perfect

Best,
Leila

deactivated member

Hmmm...you got me on this one , all I can say is YOU MUST BE REAL TIGHT....be careful, I would not try this, I have had my brush in's with too tight fills before (only briefly, I NEVER RODE A TOO TIGHT BAND LONGER THAN 3 WEEKS), I guess this is why I still have my band after 2 years and I don't like playing with fire, I have great restriction NOW thank god, I can eat solids, but only a couple bites at a time AND I HAVE NO REFLUX or vomiting issues at all, and boy am I happy.

Take Care
N

zee starrlite
[Latest Posts]

God - I think people are visualizing  a bulimic performance where one hangs over their toilet and sticks their toothbrush all the way in the back of their tongue.  Not me - not me, I say!  That is not what I do at all.  Does anyone else brush their tongue?  I was taught this since I was a child.  I've always coughed when I've done that.  Anyone else cough when they brush?

I absolutely do not have a tight band and never have.  Right now I can eat my a$$ off but I don't  most times (5 mos since last fill).  I don't regurgitate food or vomit from my lower stomach.  I've learned a lot of things to prevent reflux.  Like I love spinach but won't have it because it clings to my stomach.  I loved spicey food, but now I chill out.  I stop eating hours before be most times and if I am eating late, I will walk or exercise.  So maybe this is not what is working or maybe I just had a bout of reflux before (and got totally unfilled because I was scared as hell) and it went away.  Food never comes up when I brush my tongue - liquid does.  I think I was so afraid to get aspiration phenmonia from reflux that I didn't want to take a chance.  Have you ever had reflux?  I mean I really don't get it anymore but It freaked me out.

Best,
Leila

deactivated member

Nic M
on 2/1/11 2:33 am
She sent this message to you? This disrespectful and illiterate message?    It comes off as very condescending, rude, disrespectful, arrogant, conceited, holier than thou and ignorant... to say the least.  She's very full of herself, isn't she?  I think she's blocked me... most likely for correcting her misinformation. The woman can barely string together a thought.

Leila, I know you and I had some notso nice words once upon a time, but I hope we're OK now? I do feel for you, I hope you know that. I know how cruddy it feels to lose your band... and how it makes you feel kind of alone and hopeless. I wish you the best in the future. I know it's hard.

~Nicci

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

T. Christian
on 2/1/11 3:56 am
If someone sent an e-mail to me like that after losing my band, it would honestly put me in tears.

Getting a band is emotional enough let alone losing one! 

We are here to support one another not abuse one another!  **Side note, this stuff can really scare newbie bandsters like myself so lets keep it cool in the forums.  Let's not "stumble" anyone.

Love,
Telisha 
Follow me @ www.Trim4Life.blogspot.com

Beginning weight before 10 days of liquids: 313. LBS 1/14/11 ** Pre-surgery weight: 298 1/24/11 
Confirmed Pregnancy- 3-14-11 ** Birth of Baby girl 11-1-11
*Never expect perfection from an imperfect person.

MARIA F.
on 2/1/11 8:14 am - Athens, GA

God bless???????????? God bless?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Lol. She blames U for being at fault and not the band...........and then wants to God bless u?!?!?!

What is with some of these ppl on this forum that want to PRETEND to be Christians and lie and attack ppl???????????

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active