Getting to know you....and me....

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/11 11:42 am
Thank you so much Ms. Jean.  You know how to make a girl's day!

My name is Nancy and I currently have two furrbabies, and one husband who puts up with the three of us. I would adopt a dozen more if I thought he wouldn't run screaming.   He is my best friend and I am a very lucky woman to be putting up with him in return.

We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary in August, so if anyone has any gift ideas for the man you has everything, I'm all ears!

I was a chunky kid, grew up to be a plump teenager, and then a depressed military wife.  I never really learned how to eat from hunger, because I don't think my mom ever knew how...so how could she teach us kids?  I would slowly balloon up, then get really excited a few months before the next military move and drop a 80-100lbs in a few months.  Then the excitement would wear off and I would gain at back plus some.  That's why maintenance scares the crap out of me.

Along the way I have lived in Utah, Germany, Texas, & Kentucky.  I miss Europe every single day, and would be living in Vienna if I had my way.  Living in Salt Lake, I learned that I should have been born in the mountains because I miss the sight of a snow capped mountain out my window when it's steamy hot down in the valley.  I am a science geek, and I adore a good biography.  For the next three months I will be logging tons of miles in preparation for my first half-marathon.  In my free time, I like to take photos at the abandoned bourbon distilleries in the area where I currently live.

Band life has been pretty uneventful so far.  Three fills.  That's it.  But the life it has given me back has been anything but boring.  So if anyone in my area wants to meet up some weekend to go skiing/tubing I would love you meet you guys!

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 2/1/11 12:11 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Hi Everyone,

I'm Wendy. I am 49 yrs old and have been married to a wonderful man for almost 26 years.
We adopted 2 little boys when they where babies, now their 8 and 9.  plus I have 2 step son's,  2 daughter in-law and 2 granddaughters.  We have 3 shih tzu's named. Sophie, Misty, and Summer and 2 fish. Almost forgot most of the kids in the neighbor hood love to come to our house.  I was born in Oaklahoma City and move to California where I live up until 6 years ago when we move to Az so we would be closer to my mom.  My mom passed away last May and I'm so grateful to have been able to see her daily.  

I joined OH at the beginning of 2009 and had surgery Oct 26,2009.  I have made many wonderful friend here on this board.  I have learned so much from all the vet bandster.    

I was always a little chunky growing up.  As an adult I would diet lose the weight and then gain it all back.  Then I got high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and sleep apnea.  I know I had to do something to get my health under control for my family.

When I started looking into surgery I weighed  235 lbs, 5'7 1/2,  I wore a size 20 pants and 3x shirts. It as had to keep up with all my little ones wanted to do. 
The band has allowed me to meet my surgeons goal and now I weigh 143 and wear a size 6 pants and med shirts.  I can now exercise 60 minutes without feeling like I am going to die. I can run and keep up with my kids and be the mom that they can be proud of. 
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

adorkbl
on 2/1/11 2:14 pm
Nice reading a little bit about everyone! :) Hi hi!!

I'm Lori. 34. Married almost 10 years. No kids (hoping that might change with weight loss). 1 dog & 3 cats. Grew up in WI, college in MN, live in AZ now. Love the sun! :)

Had lapband surgery 01/08. 

I am 5'08 and carry my weight evenly.
Started at 384... got down to 284. woot! 
Started tight 30/32... got down to 22! woot!

Had complications. Regained 60 lbs.. boo hiss 
Replaced my port 2 weeks ago and am starting over at 340 & tight 24... buggar!

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

cheyenne000
on 2/1/11 10:28 pm
VSG on 03/25/16
Hi My name is Jodi 43 my husband and I have been together for 25 years. We have two kids DD is  20, DS is  18. I moved to Wyoming 17 years ago from Alaska. I have had my band 2 years. I deiced when I was 40 I was going to get healthy (I could not have felt any worse health wise than I did at that time). I was a 100 pounds over weight and smoked. I quit smoking at 40 and got banded at 41. I have never felt better. I truly feel I have a second chance.  I spent last summer camping and seeing places I would not have seen two years ago. I fished, hiked and loved every minute of it. I have already planned quite a few trips this summer. I am going to pack the 5Th wheel and spend many days camping. and sight seeing. I will stay here and encourage people to improve their lives. I work at a hospital (in the operating room  and in the lapband program) I have seen a lot of people turn their lifes around and get healthy I have heard all the horror stories  about the band. but I have seen far more good that bad. Good luck to all the new people here you will do fantastic...

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

confusedturtle
on 2/2/11 6:37 am - Norfolk, VA
I didn't realize that our posts could be seen on facebook, so I wont put my full name or anything.  Im not ashamed or anything but I learned while TTC with my oldest child if my family knows my intentions they will bug the heck out of me about it.  How much weight have you lost, why not faster, whats wrong with you? 
Anyways, I am a 33 year old mother of 3.  My weight problems began after a car accident in July of 1997, a few days after I was married.  My doctors put me on heavy pain meds and muscle relaxers and my days consisted of eating and sleeping.  I went from a size 7 to a size 16 in less that 1 year, I was ashamed and hated the way I looked, my husband didnt make it any easier.  I have tried wei*** *****ers (3 times), s*** f**t, a food combinations diet and just working out.  In 2007 I got my first referral for weight loss surgery, I was scared and decided I could do it on my own.  My husband is in the military and I ended up waiting until 2008 to start working out again,  I managed to lose 20 lbs and was doing great.  I was working out 3-4 hours a day (1.5 hour walk, 2 30 min w/o videos and running ion my elliptical) and eating healthy (BL).  Thats when my doctor talked me into a new birth control which wreaked havoc with my hormones, & my body, brought on a new batch of depression and the weight I had lost and then some. I got rid of the BC last week and am now trying to shake the migraines it left me with.  I am starting to work out again and logging my food intake and stuff and that is where I am at now.  Today my doctor gave me a referral for WLS and I am waiting for it to go thru so I can call and start making my appointments and go on from here .  I can't wait to be on the winning (weight loss) side like everyone else 
pretty_face
on 2/4/11 11:52 am
I have to make this somewhat short and sweet. My name is Ann. I am a 31 year old mother of 4. This is how I'm constantly excusing myself for being where I am these day. My youngest is turning one in two weeks, and I feel like its time to try to get rid of this baby body. I've struggled with my weight most of my life, except for a three year period when I was young, newly divorced, turned 21 and had the freedom to go out and dance my ass off, literally. Now, as a stay at home mom, I find myself eating all day, constantly gaining, never losing, working out pretty steadily. I just have it set in my mind that the band is what I need to give me that edge I feel I need.my husband is supportive of the band, but not so much of me, so I need to really work hard to reach my goals. My appearance may scare some off, I have a ton of tattoos, almost full sleeves, but am really very much just like everyone else. I always laugh when I take a step back and look at my life and see that I live in a very conservative town, in a very conservative development, and have proven to everyone that I'm no different, just a whole lot more colorful. I also have a puppy, and of course could not get what everyone else has, so he is my little misfit, a hairless chinese crested, and I love him much. As soon as I learn how to, I will post some pics. Its nice to get to know everyone, is been very inspirational and motivational to stalk you all, and I look forward to the day that I can put up some before and afters.
Most Active