Anyone Tried Herbalife Products??

kpolus
on 2/1/11 10:07 am
Hey Everyone - I have recently discovered 2 nutrition clubs in my area...they use Herbalife products and make over 40 flavors of shakes (meal replacements) I was just wondering if anyone has any insight on Herbalife and what your opinion of it is..
I did buy some protein powder and healthy meal formula 1 and I enjoy making the shakes at home but I am thinking I can do that with protein powder that has lower calories and more protein...
Give me some insight please!!!!
confusedturtle
on 2/1/11 10:26 am - Norfolk, VA
A friend of mine swears by herbalife.  She takes a ton of vitamins (I think, definitely lots of pills) and uses their shakes & bars for every meal except dinner which is a normal meal.  Honestly though she looks the same to me, I cant tell if she has lost or not.  She has been on it for a year and loves it.  I do not know how expensive it is but she buys the shakes, pills and I think some kind of a snack bar or something.  I wish I could offer more info about this but that is all I know about it.  I would think you could use regular vitamins, a different protein shake and some fiber bars to do get the same results.  Im not sure though, hopefully someone else will have more info about it.
Krista C.
on 2/1/11 7:47 pm - Quispamsis, Canada
My humble opinion has always been if the lapband doesn't work for me, I'm done. Personally, I refuse to try one more thing and so far, so good :) To each their own but for me, I'm not doing any more "crazy diets".

Pgh Steeler Fan
on 2/2/11 10:37 pm - PA
I used Herbalife about 10 years ago. I lost 75 lbs with it. But that included taking several pills a day, replacing 2 meals with their shakes, and eating a healthy dinner. I think in my own opinion the pills have alot of caffiene in them. It was costly back then, I could imagine what it is now.
With the right vitamin combo and using maybe a product like slim-fast or any other protein powder you could get the same effect. I would do more research on line about this product, and/or talk to your doctor.
addysmom
on 2/3/11 4:08 am - dexter, MO
I love Syntha-6 from BSN...you can get them from GNC or Vitamin World!  They are very tasty even mixed with water....200 cals., 6g fat, 13g carbs, 2 g sugars and 22 g protein!  I sometimes mix mine with almond milk or add 1/4 banana and/or a little peanut butter....or peanut wonder (from the health food stores)....ground oatmeal is also really good in it!

For really good body cleaning products and energy drinks, go to www.w8losshelp.com and check out what this company has to offer!  They have two energy drink types...the one i prefer is from the GPS line called E2...they make citrus and cherry.  citrus tastes like lemon heads candy and cherry tastes like cherry laffy taffy...packed full of vitamins but you cant taste the vitamin in them...no funky aftertaste or bite!  yummo!
kpolus
on 2/3/11 4:19 am
I am not necessarily interested in using the products for weight loss - yes it would be nice but as others have mentioned that is what the lap-band is for. I just really enjoy these shakes and think its a great way to get nutrition in and wanted to see if anyone else tried them and thought the same way; and I also wanted to get input on any similar protein products that would make good smoothies as well because Herbalife is very expensive!
Most Active