Who else is snowed in???

T. Christian
on 2/1/11 7:36 am
Yeppers!!!! I'm in Nebrask-y!  No mail here either..But then again I don't care to see bills until tomorrow..LOL
Follow me @ www.Trim4Life.blogspot.com

Beginning weight before 10 days of liquids: 313. LBS 1/14/11 ** Pre-surgery weight: 298 1/24/11 
Confirmed Pregnancy- 3-14-11 ** Birth of Baby girl 11-1-11
*Never expect perfection from an imperfect person.

-Mari-
on 2/1/11 7:46 am
An old H.S. friend is stuck in my town, she came for the weekend with another friend and stayed downtown. She lives in MO and can't get home. Right now her plane is delayed until Thurs. She has no place to stay, now. So that part sucks. We are going out of town and can't help her.
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
jkhawk8
on 2/1/11 7:52 am - Alexandria, KY
I heard on tonight's national news that interstate 70 is closed all the way from St. Louis to Kansas City.  That must be some storm.  We mostly had ice, rain now, and a little snow tomorrow. 

smilin_eyes_58
on 2/1/11 8:05 am - IL
I'm half way between St. Louis and Chicago.  Worked until 1 today glad I went home when I did.  Basically won't be leaving home tommorrow for sure.  Sounds like it is more ice than snow from what it sounds like hitting the windows.  Have the flashlights out phone, kindle, ipod all fully charged for if the power goes out.  Sounds like the whole state of Illinois is basically shut down.  I'm trying to make sure even though bored that I'm stuffing myself with good things.  Figure eating a few days over limits won't hurt too bad also trying to make sure I work out did eliptical and some total gym.  Thinking about doing wii
Cheryl
5' 5 1/2"
HW 319/DOS 288.8/NOW 213.6/ 105.4 lostSurgery 1/21/09

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/11 8:19 am
yep... flights are grounded in and outbound

and HWY 70 has shut down from STL to KC

Hwy has shut down from STL through Omaha 

We started with ice early this morning.... and it iced all day up until about an hour ago.  Now the snow's falling.  They're calling for up to 14"

d G.
on 2/1/11 8:34 am - Griffin, GA
I know this sounds crazy but I miss being in St. Louis this time of year. I moved to Atlanta about five years ago and can remember experiencing this type of storm in the early 1980's. At that time the Governor had to bring out the national guards to assist people who were stranded. I lived in the Central West End for more than twenty years and miss everything about the city itself.  Let me know were you live. I must call my son and see if he is okay and not out in this storm.
airhead_74
on 2/1/11 8:36 am, edited 2/1/11 8:36 am
DS on 08/20/12
We are in Ohio. We aren't snowed in. But we are iced in. If temps drop there is a chance of up an inch of ice tomorrow. 40 mph winds on top of that will probably mean no electriciy. Yay!

Oh and I'm not stocked up on soft/pureed foods. I hope I don't run out of pudding, yogurt and milk.

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/11 8:39 am
They brought the National Guard in this time as well.   And Yes.. you're crazy for saying that. :)

And we have about an inch of thic**** all over everything now.

Lisaizme
on 2/1/11 2:47 pm - TX
We're cold down here in Texas, snow, but not sticking.. just ucky.   BUT.. we had tornadoes come through with the storm.   I think I'd rather have the snow.  :/

this might be a good time to learn a new hobby.. crochet anyone??

stay warm if you can (crochet a blanket.  ::grin::)
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

Kerry B.
on 2/2/11 3:34 am
Not a whole lot of snow here, just an inch and a half of ice! We didn't have power from 7 last night until after 10 this morning. Thank God we have a fireplace or we would've froze!

Most Active