Holy Surgery Wars, Bat Man!

confusedturtle
on 1/31/11 11:54 am, edited 1/31/11 11:55 am - Norfolk, VA
I agree that bashing should not be on any of the boards.  Just posting a reply with a website url or something that can direct a person to where they can look up statistics or somewhere to find testimonials good and bad about the different surgeries is good enough.  This will allow the person seeking info to find it and read it for themselves, without starting a war of words.  If a newbie were to come into the boards seeking support, advice or information and find a war in the making they may run and never look back.  Would you have wanted someone to do that to you when you were starting out, what if you didn't have this board to guide you thru your weight loss journey because you were scared off?  We all come to these boards for support and friendship, advice and comfort when we need it, not to find a war.  Life is a fight, we should be able to come here and find some peace.

Every kind of WLS comes with risks and each have their own set of negative issues.  Not everything works for everybody.  Sometimes it is not the WLS that is the problem, but more the person doing the surgery that is the problem, or a faulty device or something.  There are so many ways that all of these surgeries can go wrong, but we need to try to help each other thru every step of it.  If someone has had a revision they should not be chased away to another board, whatever the issue was they might be able to advise another WLS patient when they have similar symptoms and help them avoid the need for a revision or catch it before the issue does permanent harm to their health.  Everyone has their reasons for choosing the WLS they do.  Having all of the information is a good thing but rather than fighting about it just post a link and they will check it out.  I have read and re-read every link that was offered to me, I truly do appreciate all of the input I have received.  I have checked out the different message boards, including the complications & failed surgeries board.  I have and still am scouring the web for even more information.  I dont want to hear all of the success stories and none of the stories about possible issues or failed WLS.    I want to hear all sides of the story and make the best decision I can so that I will have the best start for this new begining in my life.

I appologize if I said anything to offend anyone, it was not meant to be mean.  I hope that everyone has a great night, and I wish you nothing but success in whatever WLS you choose 
OCMomma
on 1/31/11 11:31 pm, edited 1/31/11 11:32 pm
I agree. its like an elementary school playground on here at times.   If you had a bad experience.. sorry we are not robots and no two people are the same.  We will all have different experiences.  The trick is to ignore the bashers on here. :)  I am so sick of reading stupid posts bashing one or the other.  who cares.  I don't even read them anymore, I figure its just someone bored and needs to start trouble.

If there was a magic ball that told us BEFORE surgery which one will work, we wouldn't have any problems.  ITs all chance. 

Failed Lapband December 2010,Revision to RNY 2015.

Most Active