Holy Surgery Wars, Bat Man!

Nic M
on 2/1/11 4:39 am
Thank you, Turtle.

My doc said yesterday, "What was the name of the doctor who did your surgery? I'm going to warn people away from him." Every doctor I see says the same thing about him. Bad doctors ruin it for good doctors and they know this!

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Kate -True Brit
on 2/1/11 3:44 am - UK

I am so sorry! You are a voice of sanity and reason on here! Please continue to post - we need to know stories like yours - how else can we learn?

My very best wishes for all the investigations you are about to have.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Nic M
on 2/1/11 4:40 am
I was having an extremely cruddy day yesterday. One of those "Woe is me" kinds of days!

Thank you, Kate.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Michelle F.
on 1/31/11 6:37 am
There have always been surgery wars, there always will be.  I wish everyone good luck with whatever surgery they choose, there are different WLS for a reason, not every one is right for every person.  But I also believe everyone has the right to know facts, especially when they're on here asking for opinions.  I'm not a band basher, I loved my band when it worked and even though it doesn't working anymore, it actually makes me sad that I have to revise. 

I thought I did a ton of research before being banded but the stats out now weren't out then and people who come here confused and wanting to know if this is the right WLS for them need to know all the facts, good and bad, and then make their own educated, informed decision.

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/11 6:46 am - MN
That is true!

That is why is Jane is looking at the band, she should know Benefits ABC and Negatives XYZ.

Also, if Betty is looking at RNY, she should know Benefits ABC and Negatives XYZ.

And if Tina is looking at the sleeve, she should know Benefits ABC and Negatives XYZ.

You are 100% right.
BuckeyeGirl
on 1/31/11 8:30 am - TN
Exactly, people need to hear the pros and the realistic possibility of the cons of any surgery they are pursuing.

I think people should be treated with respect and I am happy for any one who is successful and happy with their bands. I hope all of those people keep their bands as long as they want them without any complications!

It does make me sad though when people refer to those of us with complications as "negative" for posting our experiences or tell us that we don't belong on the Lap-Band board. There is currently a member on the VSG board having some unfortunate and significant complications following her surgery. Everyone there has embraced her story and is anxious to read her updates. I can't imagine someone telling her to go "***** and complain" on the main board.

And while we are talking about things that irk me (thats what we were talking about, right??), it is also very sad when successful bandsters who have never experienced a complication, blame the bandster for the band failure suggesting that they lived with it too tight or drank too much alcohol or didn't follow the plan. We all know people who don't follow the plan, no sweeping generalizations please. I followed the plan...when I could eat solid food. And when I couldn't eat food, I would get to my surgeon as soon as I could get in to fix it. Unfortunately, some problems still occur.

I can understand blocking people if you feel personally attacked, but again, those feelings shouldn't be used to make a sweeping generalization of anyone who has had complications with a surgery.

It shouldn't be surgery wars, just surgery talk. Good and bad. And support for all.

Anyway, I think I just agreed with you. I hope thats how you read it too! 

Lindsey

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/11 8:39 am

great post - !

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/31/11 8:29 am - Mexico
Yep, deaf ears indeed. People need to know the good and the bad and as long as people insist that posting stats, facts, and peer reviewed journal articles are bashing the band, you will always see it as bashing. Nothing will help you if this is your belief.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/31/11 8:31 am - Mexico
And another thing, as long as you guys keep posting thread after thread after freak'en damn thread about the topic, it isn't likely to go away. ;o) You will just keep it going and going like the energizer bunny.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Wendybrum
on 1/31/11 10:33 am - Oceanside, NY
Brock
AMEN -
wendy

Most Active