Holy Surgery Wars, Bat Man!

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/11 5:33 am - MN
It is funny. I don't dislike any surgery. My only wish would be that everybody be happy with the surgery they choose, and not try and talk anyone out of a surgery they are pursuing.

The fact of that matter is this: We ALL have had WLS. We ALL were obese people before that. So what makes one surey superior? Nothing, it is just self indulgent bragging. Surgery A may have Pros ABC, but it also has cons XYZ. Surgery B is just the oppisite.

Just everybody be happy with your surgery. We are happy for your success. But if a person is pursuing a different suregery, don't discourage them on their path, be happy as they get rid of this horrible disease obesity.

Too bad my pleas are going to fall on deaf ears. Truly a sad thing.

Congrats to all, Lap Band, RNY, Sleeve, VBG, everyone!
Hermosa L
on 1/31/11 5:40 am
Omg after reading so many posts and threads all I want to say is blah blah blah blah blah

You have great points Brock. I hope everyone success as well ...
Bette B.
on 1/31/11 6:14 am
 Does it sound anything like this?
Blah Blah Blah

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Michelle F.
on 1/31/11 6:25 am
On January 31, 2011 at 2:14 PM Pacific Time, Bette B. wrote:
 Does it sound anything like this?
Blah Blah Blah
Bette, that actually reminds me of the swearing T-shirt you wore when we all got together in the city...I wish you could post a pic of that!
Bette B.
on 1/31/11 6:26 am
 Give me sec . . . 

Bette B.
on 1/31/11 6:28 am
 Ta dahhhhhhhhh! PS: it's available for purchase at tshirthell.com

Don't Curse shirt

Michelle F.
on 1/31/11 6:32 am
On January 31, 2011 at 2:28 PM Pacific Time, Bette B. wrote:
 Ta dahhhhhhhhh! PS: it's available for purchase at tshirthell.com

Don't Curse shirt

I probably have a picture of you wearing it somewhere!  If you remember I had a little too much sake at the time and you had to explain it to me!
Bette B.
on 1/31/11 6:59 am

Karen R.
on 1/31/11 5:42 am - Peoria, AZ
Not all ears are deaf Brock. I completley agree with you and BTW well said.
Bette B.
on 1/31/11 5:45 am
 I agree with you, Brock. I'm thrilled for anyone who loses weight by ANY method: band, RNY, DS, WW, Richard Simmons, having you lips sewn shut, whatever. Even with the truly stupid **** like Alli and that BS 500-calorie-urine-injection diet: if it works for you, congrats.

Whatever works for someone works for THEM, but some people just can't be happy with that. There are many, many people on OH who will not deign to lower themselves to congratulate a bandster on their loss, but will "hurray" just about EVERYBODY else.

Most Active