Just had surgery!!!

Bo Meso
on 1/30/11 4:22 pm
Just had surgery 1/28/11 and I am so excited to get this started. I am having chest pains when I breath deep though, my breathing seems a little irregular. I also have to get pass this first week of my liquid diet. Any suggestions for getting past this liquid diet? 
airhead_74
on 1/30/11 8:12 pm
DS on 08/20/12
Did the hospital give you a breathing tool (an incentive spirometer)? If so be sure to use it every hour. It really helps. If you're concerned about your breathing you should contaqct you Dr. as a precaution. As for the liquids, just try to stick with something you really like. Sip slowly and be sure to get in enough water to stay hydrated. It is rough at times but you only have a few days left. Best of luck to you. 

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

Lifebeauty
on 1/30/11 8:55 pm
Congrats on your band Shawniece.  Just stay with your liquid diet.  It won't be hard because you are determined to lose the weight and work with your band.  The better you work with it, the better it will work with you.  If you start out super strict when you get further down the road you have room to give yourself a little slack.  Unfortunately it could happen.  You won't be sorry for staying with the program and getting the weight off before you start tweeking it.  Wishing you the best of success,
Z

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

Bo Meso
on 1/30/11 9:16 pm
Thanks everyone for your advise, loving the support right now!!!
mary101678
on 1/30/11 9:31 pm - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
Make sure to have your breathing checked.

As for the liquids, make sure you don't use a straw.... that could lead to extra gas which we don't need!

Go and see your primary MD and get checked out.

Best of luck!

Mary

1queenbee3
on 1/30/11 10:10 pm - Columbia, MD
Congratulation Shawniece!

The support here is great.  Everyone is really supportative.  Let me know if you need any additional support, because I am local. 

Lisa

Highest Weight--Surgery Weight--Current Weight--Goal
                                                    282                  231                170.3            135

cheechtrish
on 1/30/11 10:15 pm - DE
Adjustable Gastric Band on 02/01/11
Yeah!  Glad it went well!
my day is tomorrow!
getting really excited!
im on liquids now too. since yesterday-
can you have full liquids right now?
or are you on clears?

at this point, im excited about full liquids
lol
mjtoldeo
on 1/30/11 11:30 pm
Mine is tomorrow also! Good luck. I have been on liquid for two weeks now so the transition should be ok for me...

Sandy
1queenbee3
on 1/30/11 10:18 pm - Columbia, MD
By the way...when I had surgery I had the same issue with the breathing.  I made sure I used the breathing device more frequently and I went to my primary Dr. just to make sure everything was OK.  Everything was fine, but it felt good just to make sure.  This is an awesome step you're taking for your health.  Don't be afraid to be your own advocate when you feel something is not right.

Lisa

Highest Weight--Surgery Weight--Current Weight--Goal
                                                    282                  231                170.3            135

1queenbee3
on 1/30/11 10:23 pm - Columbia, MD
Most Active