CHEST PAINS SINCE THIS AM?

tamra925
on 1/30/11 10:14 am - Concord, CA

Hi everyone,

Since this am when I woke up I have had a tight, burning sensation between my breast (sorry!). It hurts to take a deep breath, even drink even water! I have never had acid reflux nor heart burn so I am trying to decide if that's what it is? I have taken some Maalox which took the edge off, but I still feel the pressure. Any help?

Side note last night before bed I took some antibiotics for my tooth ache, and some tylenol w/ codine. I also had some rice yesterday for lunch. Trying to narrow issues here.... =(

Crystal Z.
on 1/30/11 10:30 am - Sag Harbor, NY

If your having chest pain, then go to the emergency room.

antibiotics can cause upset stomach, but any chest pain should not be taken lightly! hope you feel better!

Crystal Dawn
Everybody deserves a second chance, I got mine!
Beginning weight: 262
Current weight: 249
Goal weight: 160
~Life is a mystery to be lived, Not a problem to be solved~

cheyenne000
on 1/30/11 10:33 am
VSG on 03/25/16
I would suggest you call your doctor and tell him whats going on. Hope you feel better soon

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

sfnativewm
on 1/30/11 10:48 am
My brother ignored various signs and so please either call kaiser er or go in.    Safety first!  Please keep us posted!  We are a support board but not md's!  we care!

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

Tiff tells all
on 1/30/11 10:48 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
I agree that a trip to the ER might be called for. But if you aren't comfortable with that, give the surgeon a call before it gets too much later. They are paid to be on-call, so give them a jingle.

Feel better!

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

pam57
on 1/30/11 10:57 am - Murrieta, CA
REALIZE Band on 12/20/10 with
 I agree with everyone else, go to the ER.  I have been 3 times with chest pains in the last 10 years to Emergency and it was never a heart attack.   I never felt embarrassed either.  It isn't worth risking.

Take care

Pam

confusedturtle
on 1/30/11 11:24 am - Norfolk, VA
It is worth the trip, I have gone in for chest pains that turn out to be nothing.  There is nothing nicer feeling than to have all of the machines hooked up and everyone checking everything only to find out is nothing....much better than to find out it is something like a heart attack.  My mom had chest pains she always thought was gas or IBS and we would beg her to go in.  The one time we finally convinced her to call an ambulance was the last time I saw her alive.  Please go in, hopefully find out it is nothing and then rest tonight knowing that you are ok 
Bo Meso
on 1/30/11 3:59 pm
I am experiencing the same thing. Every time I breathe deep I get pain in the middle of my chest, I can feel it in my back to. And it is easy for me to become short of breath. I think it may be from the breathing tube during surgery or maybe a build up of mucus.
Nic M
on 1/30/11 11:51 pm
Hi Shawniece,

It sounds like you're having diaphragmatic irritation to me.

The band tends to cause the diaphragm to get irritated pretty easily and that causes difficulty in breathing, referred left shoulder pain and a "heaviness" in the chest area.

I had my band removed back in 2005 due to massive diaphragmatic damage and I woke up TODAY with referred left shoulder pain. The diaphragm is a tricky bugger. I never gave it a thought until it was irritated/ damaged!

If you continue to have this feeling, maybe consider having your doc check to make sure none of the tubing is close to your diaphragm.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

airhead_74
on 1/30/11 8:23 pm
DS on 08/20/12
I agree with everyone else. A trip to the er or Dr. is the safest, best thing you can do. It could be nothing or it could be something. It's best to find out from a professional. It's better to be safe than sorry. Hope ya feel better soon.

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

Most Active