Running with 305.8lbs...

Deanna H.
on 1/31/11 2:56 pm - Honolulu, HI
Yay!! You guys just inspired me to start. Never heard of this, but I just bought the ap for my driod phone. I am going to start it tomorrow!! I will be watching for your updates!! 
Deanna

Banded 7/11/06     

OCCali_Girl
on 1/31/11 4:13 pm - CA
OK please fill me in... Couch to 5k, whats that???

Ill try it!!
~Anna

The band may not be perfect, but it will be perfect for me!

VEGAS IN JUNE GOAL!!        

Lowcountry
on 1/31/11 10:20 pm - Lady's Island, SC
Let me warn you all. I did the couch 5k (C25k) training in August and September and ran my first 5k in October. Since then I've run a 10k of a super tall bridge and training for a Half Marathon and then I'm gonna train for a Marathon. So, my warning to each and all is that this stuff is addictive. When you cross the finish line of your  first 5k it is an unbelievably awesome feeling and you'll want more. Just be forewarned.

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was 100% effort that you gave --win or lose.
-Gordie Howe

Lauran D.
on 1/31/11 10:24 pm - Apex, NC
Oh wow!!  Thank you so much for sharing such a rock star story with us!!  It's very motivating to hear someone who trained for it, loved it and is still doing it.  I can't even begin to imagine how triumphant you must have felt crossing that 5k finish line.    Cheers to you!!!
Lowcountry
on 1/31/11 10:39 pm - Lady's Island, SC
i encourage you to use the exercise and fitness board. Everyone on there are either doin' it or trying to. Very inspirational place.

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was 100% effort that you gave --win or lose.
-Gordie Howe

Lauran D.
on 1/31/11 10:21 pm - Apex, NC
Hey Anna,

Couch to 5k is a program designed to take you from the couch to running 5k in about 9 weeks.  Basically, start by walking briskly for 5 minutes (to me that meant a speed of 3.0 on the treadmill), then from minute 5 to minute 6, you jog/run (to me that meant a speed of 4.0 on the treadmill), then from minute 6 to minute 7:30 you go back to to walking.  You basically repeat this sequence for 25 minutes and then cool down for 5 minutes at the end.

www.c25k.com has a print out that you can use and I like it because it's strictly for the treadmill.

Lowcountry
on 1/31/11 10:41 pm - Lady's Island, SC

It's a great program. On the link here it has a ton of resources.

http://www.c25k.com/

-Gordie Howe

Tiff tells all
on 2/1/11 6:10 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
Last year I did the c25k and I admit freely that it kicked my butt. But I wasn't just running flat hills. I'll take a picture of "*****nut" hill that we used during week 3 -5 of training.

I did run my 5k. I did not come in first in my age group but I wasn't last either. I did however find out that I'm not just out of shape but asthmatic. Oh yeah. I now train with an inhaler handy LOL!!!

My next 5k is scheduled for April 9. Low Country is right. It can be very empowering and fun. Go figure..I said fun in the same sentence as running. Now that makes me laugh out loud!

Get some friends to run with you. All the cool kids are doing it!

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/11 7:23 am - Des Moines, IA
Way to Go!  WooHOOOOO!
Most Active