Taking a stand.

coachgrrl
on 1/31/11 4:07 am
 I've had them on block since the last flair up.  They are pathetic people who feel the need to be negative and nasty...most of the time in an insidious way that they try to guise as being helpful.

I have no idea if you hate the band so much...why you feel the need to be on this board and spew nastiness.  They are not helpful and are really just TROLLS.

Sadly they just can't seem to move on.  

So block them...don't feed them.

Ami74
on 1/31/11 6:51 am - Rio Grande, NJ
 Sadly they just can't seem to move on.  

So block them...don't feed them.

Best advice ever.
pretty_face
on 1/31/11 4:13 am
I've got to tell you everyone. All this nonsense is almost enough to scare a newbie off of this forum altogether. I remember my mom saying "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." Its so easy for everyone to be negative and mean, but I somehow doubt alot of this madness would be set on the table if many of you were face to face. Everybody should be entitled to their own opinion, but nobody needs to go in search of something to ridicule, which is something I am seeing alot of. Why should anyone have to walk on eggshells in a thread they started? There's always a time to turn a blind eye or bite your tongue. I felt so bad for a certain someone who got torn apart because her words were twisted to be something totally different. I came to this site for exactly what it is... ObesityHelp... turns out its really just General Hospital.
reneekennedy11
on 1/31/11 6:51 am - CA
Thank you PRETTYFACE:) 
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/31/11 4:28 am - Mexico
Stephanie...

Lynn didn't post that, I did.

Shall we look at a few other posts? You didn't mention these, interestingly enough.

This one is just for fun...

kate P
UK
Lap Band (05/23/06)
[Latest Posts]
Post Date: 1/30/11 12:28 am
Last Edit: 1/30/11 12:46 am

The way to counbter negativity is not to post about the negativity!

Just join in with those of us vets who are trying hard to rise above tit-for-tat posts. We do not get involved in the fights. Every time we see a negative, we post an unrelated postive thread (the Pollyanna approach).

Until i read this thread, i actually had thought it was working! Look back over the recent increase in photo parades, success stories, postive threads! Help us along by posting your own postivies.

As I am about to do! There had clearly been negativity or you would not have posted this. So i am going to post a positive!

Kate
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But, back to the issue at hand, I do believe you missed a few posts. Let's see what I can find for recent stuff:

reneekennedy11
CA
F. Michael Feiz
REALIZE Band (01/21/11)
[Latest Posts]
Post Date: 1/30/11 10:16 am
Im not Michelle in case you were responding to me? Newbie or old fart same research! And wow any monkey could put on a lapband? Really? Wait you are in Mexico...that wouldnt surprise me! My whiny post was not talking about EVERYONE ELSE being wrong its about people like you! Seriously...If you had you surgery in Mexico that should have been hint #1!!! Now go be negative somewhere else....And please my dear get a life!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a good one, if the newbie knew how OH worked she would realize that after she blocks someone they can't PM her. This post she wrote is flat out lie on her part to make (probably me) look like I sent this PM:

reneekennedy11
CA
F. Michael Feiz
REALIZE Band (01/21/11)
[Latest Posts]
Post Date: 1/30/11 4:10 pm
Yeah and saying GO AHEAD BLOCK ME...I cant wait til your band fails and your trying to be my friend.....Wow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then there were Naomi's posts after I out'ed her for all her IDs and THAT was vile and vulgar. You have NEVER seen me write anything similar. It looks like OH deleted the thread and deactivated her it was so bad. Nobody got their panties in a twist over her posts, lies, and insults.

So let's just be honest, it's okay to slam dunk, swear at someone, post lies about PMs received, have fake IDs, post the most vulgar and seriously vile posts, call people vulgar names BUT... only if you are still banded. If you were previously banded then it's not acceptable.

Right. Got'cha. Not buying it but I certainly understand your point.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
JoMixx
on 1/31/11 6:07 am - West Yarmouth, MA
This is simply exhausting!
Surgery 1/6/11 , 14ml band - 0ml fill      
pretty_face
on 1/31/11 6:19 am
That's what im saying!
reneekennedy11
on 1/31/11 6:34 am - CA
I am the NEWBIE WHO Bubble butt or whatever her name is was having issues with yesterday...No where did I say anything about MEXICANS LOL....I SAID WHAT YOUR IN MEXICO AND SHE HAD HER SURGERY IN MEXICO....THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HINT #1....WHO THE HELL WOULD GO TO MEXICO FOR SURGERY....? NOT ME AND THAT IS MY OPINION. I NEVER SAID SHE WAS THE ONE SENDING ME PRIVATE MESSAGES DID I??? SERIOUSLY WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO BE PART OF THIS WEBSITE...PEOPLE ARE SO MUCH DRAMA AND MEAN HERE! IN MY ORIGINAL POST YESTERDAY I DID NOT ONCE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ANYONE!!! FUNNY THING IS A FEW CETAIN PEOPLE SURE TOOK OFFENSE TO IT....SAME ONES THAT ARE HERE...MUST BE A COMMON THING FOR THEM. IM SORRY YOU FEEL BECAUSE I HAVE HAD MY BAND 2 WEEKS I KNOW NOTHING.....THIS IS SO SAD THAT THIS IS CONTINUING!!!! KATE...MAKE THAT STAND GIRL! :) 
fairy_kissez
on 1/31/11 7:05 am - Albuquerque, NM
I thought that there was a forum for FAILED surgeries on OH???? That is where all the drama belongs.

I think the block feature is the best features on OH and use it often. I too think that all this negativity and name calling is insane but we choose to respond or not....I choose NOT. I love my band and I don't care what anyone says about it, and if tomorrow it had to be ripped from my body I would still love it for helping me gain control. I would have a sleeve if my band failed. I promise that I wont come here and tell you all that you are stupid!!!  

Jen

lapband in 2008 at 298lbs , lowest weight was 183lbs , Band almost killed me and removed in 2011. No revison because to much damage for revision.

Anti Lap-band advocate!

pretty_face
on 1/31/11 8:49 am
WE SHOULD HAVE A "LIKE" BUTTON. : - )
Most Active