Does anybody have some easy, band friendly crock pot reciples to share?

happy-mommy
on 1/30/11 10:46 pm - MD
I have become a huge fan of the crock pot but need some simple, band friendly recipes.  I am far from a good cook so the easier the recipe the less chance I will have of ruining it :)  Thanks!
steelerfan1
on 1/30/11 10:57 pm
I still fix things I made before I jus****ch how much I eat of it .

But Im sure you do the roast, tators and carrots

but I love to take chicken put a can of cream of chicken soup over it  with a can of mushrooms sometimes I add two cans if Im fixng alot of chicken let that cook on low all day or at least 5  hrs.

When its done I take the chicken out put in a tablespoon or so of sour cream and mix it all up .

The cream of soup later is nice for a gravy for mashed tators or baked tator.

I love to take my 1/4 cup of mashed tators and tabelspoon of that gravy makes it yummy my family loves it.

This makes the chicken really moist and I can eat the chicken the next day without it being to dry because I use some of the gravy over top of it it.  I get about three meals out of this dish :o)

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

PaintingChef
on 1/30/11 11:02 pm - TN
I *think* it will be a band friendly recipe but I'm not all the way back to solid foods yet, so I don't know for certain.  But I do have a recipe for shredded chicken tacos that I'm dying to try out when I'm able...

Put 3 or 4 frozen boneless and skinless chicken breasts in the crockpot.  Then take a couple of cans of rotel and stir in a packet of fajita seasoning.  pour the tomato mixture over the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Then shred with a fork and serve as you normally would serve chicken soft tacos.  OR... if you are a low-carb person, you could put the meat on a salad.  I just think it sounds tasty but I'll go ahead and tell you, anything that sounds even remotely like Mexican food has a soft place in my heart...
My blog:  PaintingChef

Lauran D.
on 1/30/11 11:03 pm - Apex, NC
This is an easy recipe for Chicken Tortilla Soup in the crockpot:

2 Chicken Breasts (cubed)
1 Can Black Beans
2 Cups Salsa (I like Verde Salsa but its up to you)
1 Can Fiesta Corn
1 Can Low Fat Cream of Chicken Soup (I don't use this anymore to make the recipe even more healthy, but it's up to you)
1 Can Diced Chiles
1 Can Diced Jalepenos (for heat)

Dump everything in the crockpot, season to taste and cook on low.  Go to work, come home, fix a bowl, top with a dollop of sour cream and a little cheese.

If you want to make a larger batch, just use more chicken!  Enjoy!

happy-mommy
on 1/30/11 11:07 pm - MD
These all sounds so awesome.  I am on a Mexican kick myself and may have to give that a try tomorrow (I telework on Tuesday).  Keep them coming.  Thanks.
coachgrrl
on 1/30/11 11:54 pm
 I really like boneless, skinless chicken (breast, thighs) with a jar of speghetti sauce poured over and cooked all day on low.

The chicken just falls apart.  Sometimes I throw in some mushrooms the past hour or 2...I serve it to my family over noodles.  I eat it with some cooked zucchini on the side

kathkeb
on 1/31/11 1:41 am
Chicken breasts (I use them frozen), or beef, or pork

1 container of fresh salsa

heat all day, shred meat with 2 forks --- use on salad, use on tortillias (I eat the meat plain, dh puts it into a wrap with some cheese for an instant burrito)
Kath

svera
on 1/31/11 2:23 am - Long Beach, CA
 I like turkey n black bean chili. I brown the turkey( 1 lb ) on the stove and throw it in the crock pot with 3 cans black beans and 3 cans diced tomatoes ( I use 1 italian,1 chili ready,1 mexican style) I add different spices depending on my mood italian seasoning , crushed red pepper, garlic salt etc. 3-4 hours on high or 6 on low. sometimes I add cheese to the chili in the bowl and/or sourcream. yummy and lots of protein! making some now.
   Sara Vera                  
happy-mommy
on 1/31/11 2:29 am - MD

We are expecting an ice storm tomorrow and I can't wait to test out one of these new recipes.  Thanks everybody :)

amyc
on 1/31/11 3:05 am - Jacksboro, TN
Revision on 02/28/12
I got this cookbook about a month ago, and I really like it.   I can't do the roasts (I'll pb everytime), but it has lots of other recipes.

Here's the link
http://www.amazon.com/FIX-FORGET-LIGHTLY-Healthy-Low-Fat/dp/ 1561484318/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1296500653&sr=8-1

Most Active