revison from gastric bypass

LASHUNDA Y.
on 1/31/11 5:10 am - PETERSBURG, VA
Has anyone had Gastric Bypass and now have had Lap Band Surgery or about to have Lap Band (gastric bypass revision)
steelerfan1
on 1/31/11 5:40 am
I cant help you on that personally but my best friend had one done two yrs ago .

She lost alot of weight from her gastric but got preg.and ended up stretching her stomach out to much and did the lapband .

Now, I do have to say she hasnt been very successful BUT that is due to her own fault .  She dont follow any of the rules, she eats what she wants and hasnt been in to the see doc for over a yr.

She hasnt lost but she has maintened her weight.

As far has her recovery went she said it went much faster and easier then the gastric.

Wish I could help you out more but she is the only person in real life that I know that had it done. 
I think there is a few girls on here though that had it done .

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Sapphire1964
on 1/31/11 7:29 am
Yes I had rny in 04 and the band placed 12-30-10. Am happy with my choice as my problem was no restriction as my stoma had stretched so my surgeon felt the band would provide what I needed. Down 25 lbs keeping calories probably too low but feeling good. Are you contemplating band over bypass?

RNY 04/05/04
BOB 12/30/10 (Band over Bypass)  

LASHUNDA Y.
on 1/31/11 7:43 am, edited 1/31/11 7:44 am - PETERSBURG, VA
Hi I actually had gastric bypass surgery in 02, I had lost a lot of weight but now I am gaining weight back and it seems like it's out of control, I just had a baby she is 7mos but I feel and though I can't stop eating.  I went to see my doctor and had a GI done but to my surprised she said my stomach hadn't stretched.  She did mention a revision but she also said a revision comes with a lot of health risk so with that being said she kind of scared me and I didn't go on with anymore ?'s.  Not I feel I am at a point where I wanted to reach out to others to see how they were doing with the revisions and what revision was actually done.  I am thinking about going to see another doctor because I am really not happy with myself and I have to be back in control again
Sapphire1964
on 1/31/11 9:00 am
There are a lot of people on this site that dont like the band over bypass...in my endoscopy the dr said my stomach had not stretched much either but the stoma had which is why he felt a band would help me to get restriction once again. There r other options if u check out the revision board but they r a lot riskier and I wanted a low risk option. The dr said if the band didnt work we could always do a revision to the bypass. A lot of surgeons are starting to realize that a band on the stoma is good because of the fact that the stoma has a history of stretching. The fobi pouch uses a dual system and those patients are able to lose and keep the weight off better because the restriction stays more in tact with his procedure so restriction problems are not as common. The end result is uo to you-what you feel comfortable with. The nand over bypass is still fairly new but I am happy with it and it has helped me regain control. Good luck to you!

RNY 04/05/04
BOB 12/30/10 (Band over Bypass)  

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/31/11 8:06 am - Mexico
The band isn't really a great option for a bypass person and the reason is that about 3 years post op you become metabolically challenged, you've probably noticed that it is much harder to lose a pound today vs. pre op. It's also not likely to be a permanent solution.

There is a person that you might want to contact, Pepsi98 I think is her ID. She had bypass then a band. She would be a good person for you to talk to.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
csanddex
on 1/31/11 12:53 pm
The band over bypass has been shown to be effective. I had one in June and am down 40lbs. Please review my older posts as I have posted multiple research studies.
Most Active