I am starting my 3rd week of Post Op !!

msprncess77
on 1/30/11 5:15 am - Fort Pierce, FL
So I have lost 13lbs since my surgery on January 17th...  I am wondering if this is average or if I should be trying to lose more???

Don't get me wrong I am happy with my weight loss so far but I want to know how much everyone else has lost and what to expect to lose in the next few weeks.
steelerfan1
on 1/30/11 5:19 am
congrats you are doing great :o)

I lost quite abit the first three weeks of surgery but then it will start to slow down when you start getting back to your solid foods and dont fret if you end up gaining some weight also during that time.

When I moved from liquids back to normal foods I gained 6 pounds and didnt lose anything for a good two weeks so dont get hystrical if that happens lol.

I am back to eating normal again and Im losing about 2 pounds per week just like we are suppose to :o)  Im just a little over 2 months post op

Good luck

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Ramjb249
on 1/31/11 1:13 am
I was banded on Jan 19th and am on my second week of liquids.  I have lost 31 lbs to date but am fearful that once I start eating again they will find me again.  For now, I'm just celebrating the loss.  Everybody is different and any amount of weight loss should be celebrated!  Congratulations :)
msprncess77
on 1/31/11 2:48 am - Fort Pierce, FL
Wow you have lost 31lbs since your surgery??

That is amazing!!  What are you drinking?? 

Can you give me a sample day of your meals..  I have lost no where near that much..

Please share your secret

Thanks Melissa

Ramjb249
on 2/5/11 1:24 pm
I am only drinking liquids that are zero calorie and for the second week I am drinking two 4oz protein drinks a day with soy milk and mainly water.  I just went for my post op check up and total was 36lbs in two weeks.  However, I was 325 when I started and the heavier you are the faster you lose at first.  Now that I've started on pureed foods, I am just hoping I continue to lose.  Good luck to you.
Most Active