Soft Stop Signals?

BluestCat
on 1/31/11 6:23 am
Hey all of my bandster friends, I need some advice and info. I am 2mos out from surgery and have 3.5ccs in a 10cc band. I am not at optimal restriction yet, but do experience some restriction. I am interestered in learning what your soft stop signal is ... what tells you it is time to stop eating? I am currently measuring my food and eat very slowly. I don't have any soft stop signals, that I recognize yet. Just curious what everyone else experiences when it is time to stop eating.

Thanks a bunch,
Kim
Ami74
on 1/31/11 6:53 am - Rio Grande, NJ
 I'm at 6cc.s.  Soft stops besides the blatant ones are hiccups for me.

DebbieAnn
on 1/31/11 6:54 am
Hi Kim, my signal is a soft burp or sometimes and I don't know why my nose starts to run. Then I really concentrate on eating slowly and realize I've had enough. Hope this helps.
Good Luck, Deb :  )
teachergirl6
on 1/31/11 8:40 am
Hiccups!!!!
ldybrigit
on 1/31/11 9:36 am - Rockledge, FL
 feeling of  "that isnt gonna fit there *** (something i have learned over the last 6 months)
my nose might run
burp (small one)
Whitney 
also.. keep measuring.. that keeps you honest

Wendybrum
on 1/31/11 10:27 am - Oceanside, NY
 nose runs

kathkeb
on 1/31/11 10:32 am
I sometimes get a little hiccup or a little burp.
I also sometimes get a little runny nose

Mostly, I just stop eating when my pre-weighed/pre-measured food is gone.

I flush my mouth out with water -- usually brush/gargle, and move on with my day.

(When I eat out, I segregate the amount of food that I am going to try to eat from the rest.
I usually put 'my portion' on the bread plate or ask for a separate plate.
Lots of times, as they are putting my food in front of me, I ask for a to-go box and I put 2/3 of the meal into it.)
Kath

Jordiesmama69
on 1/31/11 10:10 pm - Roscoe, IL
Hiccups! and my right eye will begin to water. My random hiccups are horrible! a co worker showed me a trick though. have someone squeeze your thumb at the nail, this will stop hiccups!! has worked every time lol
BluestCat
on 1/31/11 11:45 pm
Thanks for your replies. I have found that if I hiccough, I have eaten too much. This is usually followed by discomfort and my lower sinuses will ache until the discomfort goes away. It figures that my sinuses have to get in on the action.

Kim
Most Active