A thought for former bandsters to ponder

MARIA F.
on 1/31/11 1:17 pm - Athens, GA
On January 31, 2011 at 8:58 PM Pacific Time, eclectikat wrote:
NO REALLY.... I MEAN MY THANK YOU.... is everyone here so G^% DAMN *****Y.... maybe you guys are all just Hungry.... SERIOUSLY... im here looking for information not to listen to people ***** about each other... I get enough of that in real life... GROW UP!

NANA.... I MEAN IT... THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORDS!!!!
KATHY
And u don't think "nana" is *****y?!?!?! Read her old posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/31/11 7:05 am - Mexico
If the drug company that sells the chemo is saying that it's not a great option via the studies and info they post, I think I'm going to believe them. If they tell me I have a 30% chance of long term success where another drug company shows a 70-80% success, why in the world would I go with the least chance for taking care of my illness?

You know, I don't believe I have ever written the phrase, "You made a wrong choice." You are inferring a lot of things here that simply haven't been done, said, or written. I believe those of us who still post here do so for people that are researching their options. If you *choose* to take my words personally when they were written to someone else, that is your option and I can't help that. But there are many who want to know the good and the bad.

People who think previously banded people *or* those with complications should take their posts to other boards are burying their collective heads in the sand. I see newbies for surgery (mostly bands and bypass) that their research consists of reading a few board posts and they just KNOW that surgery type is for them. They tend to kinda get what they earned - wouldn't you say?

I've posted links a thousand times to back my claims. I don't always post the actual link but when I'm asked I have no problem doing so. Then some newbie will come along and accuse me of dishonesty and making up stats. My stats come from the BAND MAKER. Wouldn't you think it would be wise to read what the band maker has to say before getting a band? So, I post the link to Allergan and I never hear from them again. But if they did the smallest amount of reading they would have seen it for themselves before they had surgery.

You are approaching this from the point of view, and inferred claims that we sit back and tell banded people they made a mistake. That, quite frankly, is a load. Stats, facts, and studies are posted TO those researching their options and you guys sit back and whine non freak'en stop about that being band bashing. If the band makers stats don't make the band look good that's not our fault. If they had something better to post on their own website to sell bands, don't you think they would? Again, that is not band bashing, that is called adult research for major surgery.

The one post that really hacked me off is when Renee claimed she blocked someone (I am quite sure that was me) and THEN I supposedly wrote her a PM telling her I hoped her band failed. If she had a clue she would have known that if you block someone, that someone can't PM you.

So we have Renee flat out telling lies about PMs she received, we have Naomi and another person creating one fake account after another making up stories about all these people she knows with WLS and only the banded folks are doing well - everyone else appears to be fat again or dying, we have you claiming we tell people they made a mistake by getting a band, we have Kate sitting on her high horse creating unnecessary drama, we have people calling studies "band bashing," ... you know, it seems to me you guys are the ones creating all the negativity and drama as well as sheer horse**** It seems like every thread is whining about band bashing. I have news for you, nobody is bashing the band. If you don't like the stats, why did you opt for a band? Seriously, nobody forced you to sign up for any WLS type.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/31/11 7:13 am - Mexico
Something else, you have been on OH for less than a week, just how do you know all this history of supposed band bashing?

reneekennedy11
on 1/31/11 8:55 am - CA
HOW THE HECK DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS IN MY PRIVATE INBOX....? AND WHAT MAIL I RECIEVED? JUST TO INFORM EVERYONE I GOT THIS MESSAGE 2 DAYS AGO BEFORE BLOCKING WASABUBBLEBUTT OR WHATEVER HER NAME IS!!!! DID I EVER ONCE SAY IT WAS HER? NO!!!!!NO!!!!NO!!!!! BUT SHE KEEPS TELLING PEOPLE THAT I AM A LIAR!!! WHAT THE HELL?
WASaBubbleButt
on 2/16/11 12:35 am - Mexico
Tami...

Still waiting for a reply to my post written to you on 1/31/11.

sharebear
on 2/16/11 2:07 am - POCATELLO, ID
VSG on 01/27/15
I loved reading this post. For many reasons. So many reasons. I have my bach degree in communications/buisness/events. I deffinetly get the point that this post was trying to make. Parable or not, this made me laugh. Instead of talking about the point trying to be made; people found it easier to communicate about what was educationally correct? Oh how I wonder about people. Technically terms are wide ranged not based only on book knowledge. The true comparasion was not about the type of illnessess or surgeries it was about choices so it is a parable. Just a FYI. Based on that yes we all have choices. Us as individuals and adults choose what we choose everyday based on our own thoughts, feelings, conditions, needs, etc. We choose to come to a support site for just that support and information. I for one do love hearing stories good and bad aslong as they are informative and not bashing. Everyone spends to much time on this site bashing peoples decisions instead of informing and supporting. In general think how it feels for people who are suppose to support you to start making you feel bad for your choices. Their is a point when your informing is no longer providing informations but has reached of point of endless negativity.  As for the numbers dont lie comment, that was the funniest thing I have ever heard. Numbers do lie. My sophmore year of college we did a study on statistic info. The people conducting the survey choose who they survey. They choose what part of the test they choose to relsease. They choose what numbers they release and in what form so it fits there censis. You can find numbers to fit anything you want it to, if you look in the right places. Also remember that numbers can change, weekly, monthly and yearly. What was true yesterday isnt true every year. Funny to hear though. I love your post, thankyou.

And renee I blocked her too.. makes my life easier!!

Most Active