Thanks. Advice taken

Kate -True Brit
on 1/31/11 3:14 am, edited 1/31/11 3:30 am - UK

I have received several lovely PMs telling me that the subject of my last thread is just not worth it.

Ladies, you are right! I am taking your advice.

However, I am not a coward and I do not give in to bullies (although I have to say they do get me extremely upset) and so I have not deleted my last thread - I don't regularly log in to see what those who have blocked me or whom I have blocked have to say (in fact I have only ever done it once) and so I don't know if they came in on my thread! If they did, that's good - they have every right to put their point of view.

I have just added the following to that thread

This thread is here and deleting my post would make the whole thing ridiculous. But i deeply regret posting it and ask you to forgive me. My intentions were good and arose out of a desire to restore sanity to this board. This thread has the opposite effect and i am truly sorrry for that

I may take a couple of days "off" - one of the joys of a message board is that things pass! I should not have lowered myself to the level of the people I criticised. I am ashamed that I did so
and I will not do so again.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/31/11 3:59 am - Mexico
And here we go again. How many threads will you start suggesting people not start threads like yours?

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
coachgrrl
on 1/31/11 4:10 am
 That's ok Kate...we've all done it.  

Take a break if you must. But then get back here..we'll miss you :)

signed another Pollyanna

Karen R.
on 1/31/11 6:08 am - Peoria, AZ
Kate
I love your Pollyanna threads. Don't quit because of some people, you are a great sucess and are needed here. I just laugh off the NN's. I don't care what is said, I just wish they would stop saying it over & over again. I've read it so many times that I skip them now.
Karen
reneekennedy11
on 1/31/11 12:03 pm - CA
Werent you just the one telling me to stay? :) Dont go...so not worth it! :) 
reneekennedy11
on 1/31/11 12:06 pm - CA
Pollyannaism is thinking means dealing with a negative event, allowing the appropriate amount of time for negative emotions to surface, and then moving on from the negativity by focusing on the positive.
Most Active