ALMOST 2 YEARS

Arliene N.
on 1/30/11 11:46 am, edited 1/30/11 11:48 am - Stuart, OK
Revision on 02/21/12
wow i have not been on here in so long. I had the lap-Band done April 19 09 . I done really well with it the first year . but now i have gained 20 pounds back i feel so bad was wondering if any one else is having this problem? should i go back and get the ryn ?  HELP LOL
Arliene N.
on 1/30/11 12:03 pm - Stuart, OK
Revision on 02/21/12
rny sorry not ryn lol
confusedturtle
on 1/30/11 12:45 pm - Norfolk, VA
Im still in the research stages but I would say definitely not.  You are almost there, you have lost so much already.  Go back to your doctor, maybe he can suggest something to get you back on track and losing again.  When was the last time you have seen your surgeon or doctor about your band?  If you do need a revision I would say maybe VSG but I would avoid RNY, but that is JMO.  Im sure there are many success stories but I have witnessed too much negative results from RNY.  When I told my doctor I wanted to be referred for WLS she started talking about RNY I told her I wanted lap band, if RNY was my only choice I will stay fat.  I have been reading everything I can find about WLS, and I am torn between lap band and VSG.  I think Im much more comfortable with lap band but I take meds that might not work with it and may need to take another look at VSG.  What ever happens I wish you lost of luck in the future.  Dont feel bad, stuff happens and you will get back on track Im sure of it.  
adorkbl
on 1/30/11 3:07 pm
Refocus and re-evaluate. Can you use a slight fill to help you get back on track? You only have 36lbs to go... I wouldn't have another major WLS unless I was having serious complications. 

How long has it been since the regain? What is your restriction like? Are you exercising? 

Posted Image

01|17|08 lap band   08|12|08
gallbladder  
01|17|11 port replacement
            07|09|12 hiatal hernia repair & band repositioning

1queenbee3
on 1/31/11 12:11 am - Columbia, MD
Arliene you are not alone.  I gained quite a bit of weight during the holidays.  I've been so mad at myself for giving into the sweets.  What I had to do was think about why I was eating so much.  My issues had nothing to do with the band.  When it came down to it, I was the one who became slack in my exercise and went crazy with eating.  I had to be real with myself and figure out what I wanted.  Did I want to keep gaining weight and become unhealthy again or did I want to lose and continue being healthy?  It wasn't an easy question for me to answer at first.  When I told my husband I was just going to keep eating the cookies, because I was tired of trying...he looked at me like I was crazy told me I should not give up on myself after all the hard work I'd done...he was right!  I've worked too hard to give up.

Don't give up Arliene!  Have a heart to heart with yourself, a family member, or friend so you can figure out what is going on.  You may even need to go back to your surgeon or see your nut.  You can do it!  It may take a few tries to get on track, but don't give up...you are worth it:)

Lisa

Highest Weight--Surgery Weight--Current Weight--Goal
                                                    282                  231                170.3            135

Hermosa L
on 1/31/11 12:50 am
You have to look at yourself for that 20 pound gain.. sorry not the band.

You can over eat with RNY you will get sick but it still can be done. I gained weight back too when my dad passed about because I ate bags of cheetos.. not snack bags but regular sized bags. How did I not expect a weight gain by eating bags of cheetos.

I had to pull myself out of it.. no more Cheetos Lizette.. and I haven't for some time. I'm back to eating like I should.. (no junk) and I'm back at the gym so far I have only lost 5 pounds but I see my body shrinking again I'm losing inches.. and I'm okay with losing it slow as long as I'm losing..

I'm not vein it's not about a number on the scale for me only it's about feeling good about what I consume.. getting sweaty and the gym and my pants fitting LOL

Good Luck
Arliene N.
on 1/31/11 11:32 am - Stuart, OK
Revision on 02/21/12
Thanks everyone for your help i went to my dr they had to take fluid out of my band for a few weeks she said it my be inflamed so i go back for a fill again next week had to do liquids for a week and guess what     I LOST 12 pounds that makes me feel great today woo hoo...
crazigrannynette
on 2/1/11 9:43 am - Mcalester, OK
Arleene -

I have done the same thing - but I did have the rny...i know I have been real relaxed on measuring food, drinking water, excercise - i am the one sabatoging my success...I started going to see a psychologist (who has had gastric bypass0 and i am going to work on getting back on track, and finding within myself what is going on.

I know you will be doing great once they find out what's going on...good luck...and get the support you need. i am going to try and go to the support group here in mcalester this month ( I haven't been to a support group since surgery).

Good luck and keep on keeping on!!!

Most Active