on 1/30/11 12:47 am - Denver, CO
Do you eat waffles?
Surgery 2/3/10 Weight 207
Current 165
Goal 140
Believe you can and you're halfway there. -Theodore Roosevelt-
steelerfan1
on 1/30/11 12:54 am, edited 1/30/11 12:55 am
I can and I do but since they are really high in carbs I do that as a special treat I dont eat them every week .

I usually eat them once a month just something different for breakfast and I use sugar free syrup on them and then I really watch my carbs the rest of the day .

The same way with pancakes my family loves them so I still make them , I cant deprive my family of the foods they love because of my WLS so I work their favorite foods into my diet and then they do the same for me and it has worked out perfect for us :o)

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

The New Mrs
on 1/30/11 1:44 am - Mooresville, NC
VSG on 02/09/12
they are to dough-y for me and get stuck.  So if I do it's just 1 or 2 bites as a special treat.
Julie
Lap Band Surgery 12/19/2009, revised to Sleeve 2/9/2012

Next goal:  183
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/30/11 1:54 am - Mexico
When I was banded I couldn't eat them. I really don't eat them now because it just isn't part of my food plan. But to be honest, WLS isn't about dieting, it's a change in lifestyle. Naturally thin people eat waffles every now and again.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Melanie V.
on 1/30/11 2:33 am - Denver, CO
I can't eat them. Oh well it's probably better for me. Thanks for the input. Things made with dough just don't get along with my band. Hope ya'all have a happy Sunday.
kathkeb
on 1/30/11 5:28 am
No --- I don't know if my band would 'allow' waffles (or pancakes), but I don't eat them because of the 'trigger factor'.

I just don't eat any type of 'cake/cookie/muffin' -- and waffles seem too close to that ---- I am sure that they would set off major cravings for me.
Kath

Judy825
on 1/30/11 6:11 am - Jacksonville, FL
I don't simply because they are not in my lifestlye plan...but also too, I view them as a trigger food and if I could eat them, I would still stay away from them.
        Seminar weight: 344. Consult Weight: 332.  Surgery Weight: 289   
Check out my blog at www.ldslapband.blogspot.com

"Low Carb diet for me...not a diet anymore but a lifestyle"

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/11 8:41 am
mmmm waffles..... funny you brought this up. I was staring across the restaurant table this morning as my husband ate a big stack of them. They sure looked good. Haven't had anything like that or pancakes since surgery I'm afraid they might be too doughy for me. But I've really been craving them lately so I might just try a few bites sometime. I agree that while these clearly are not the best food choice to be making often (for anyone --wls or not) I'm not going to go under by eating 1/2 a pancake with syrup (good as they are they are not a trigger food for me).

Trixie
Hermosa L
on 1/31/11 1:03 am
I eat Vans Waffles at times.. they are high in fiber and 5 gram or protein..

the serving is 2 waffles 180 cal I believe .. I only eat 1 and spread 1 tablespoon of PB on it.

I get about 10 grams of protein and I get a good dose of Fiber and I stay full

I must toast it very well but yes I can eat it.. I don't it eat every week but once every two weeks .. I always mix up what I eat

if you interested I can locate the name for you.. Vans sells a variety of waffles
Most Active