One year goes fast

Melanie V.
on 1/29/11 9:19 am - Denver, CO
It has almost been a year since my surgery. I know most people in my position would not be satisfied with the weight loss I have had. I have lost 40 pounds. I have gone from size 14 to size 6. I have gone from taking 130 units of insulin to 45. Sounds pretty successful to me. Of coarse we always want more.when I think about maybe I should be farther along in my journey, I have to remember I broke my ankle over the summer, I had surgery on the same ankle on dec. 6. I also had a hysterectomy on nov 11. So all in all I'm pretty lucky to be where I'm at. Here's to a happy healthy second year with my band.
Surgery 2/3/10 Weight 207
Current 165
Goal 140
Believe you can and you're halfway there. -Theodore Roosevelt-
Cheryl K.
on 1/29/11 9:23 am
I think you have done great.  You must be fairly tall if you wear a 6 and weigh 165.  I would feel too thin in a 6.  I have gone from a 24-26 to a 16.  I would like to be in an 8.  I still have plenty of work to do.  Here's to a happy second year for you and the second half of the first to me!  Cheers!

Melanie V.
on 1/29/11 9:26 am - Denver, CO
I'm far from tall. 5'3. I have no hips or butt hence the small pant size. Although I'm in an extra large shirt size so that's good.
Surgery 2/3/10 Weight 207
Current 165
Goal 140
Believe you can and you're halfway there. -Theodore Roosevelt-
coachgrrl
on 1/29/11 10:31 am
 Awesome!!!

Sounds like a success to me....

Wendybrum
on 1/29/11 12:48 pm - Oceanside, NY
 Who cares what most people think. It matters what you think!
I agree with you.
Congrats on your success.
Keep up the good work
wendy

BuckeyeGirl
on 1/29/11 5:46 pm - TN
Wow, sounds like you had a rough 2010! 40 lbs is a good chunk of weight! I'm sure your body is much happier with your new, lighter state.

Here's wishing you a surgery-free 2011!

Congrats,
Lindsey

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/11 8:33 am

Hi Melanie, I'm glad you posted this.  We need to be proud of our accomplishments -- even if they aren't what we initially thought they should be or aren't like what someone else achieved. I didn' t post on my one year mark because I was felt bad about not meeting my 1 year goal. So glad you are sharing yours. This journey is about making progress and you are clearly doing that! You should be very proud of your progress.  

It's tremendous you've been able to cut your insulin by so much and that you are down 40lbs -- especially when you consider your ankle and the 2 surgeries you've had -- those are some big challenges and you've done great.

Trixie

Most Active