3 days out post suregery w/lap band

rhythmcatcher
on 1/30/11 8:30 am - CO
I have had my first feeling of hunger today. I have had 41 grams of protien today and for some reason I am still very hungry. I am having a hard time differentiating between full and hunger. Any ideas on how I can differentiate the two? And curious has anyone else experienced back pain from your mid back to the center of your calves after surgery?
JoMixx
on 1/30/11 9:01 am - West Yarmouth, MA

I think right now your body doesn't know what the heck is going on.  The way I have been trying to combat this is by eating every 3 hours and measuring everything. In between (after allotted time) I have been drink drink drinking.

I have pain in all sorts of strange places.  The bottom part of my ribs only on the left.  My left shoulder, my neck.  I feel like I was run over by a truck!

chewable tylenol is my friend!

Surgery 1/6/11 , 14ml band - 0ml fill      
reneekennedy11
on 1/30/11 9:07 am - CA
Jo Mixx I agree...My body has been in a funk too!!! My life saver when I became hungry was Egg Drop soup and sugar free popsicles!!! Good luck! 
rhythmcatcher
on 1/30/11 9:30 am - CO
Knowing that I am not the only one with these issues makes me feel better. I have been hitting up the broth, jello, protien shakes, and posicles as well (all sugar free of course). I am trying to not take the pain meds that I was prescribed but I just had to give in... :{

Good luck you all as well!
debbie H.
on 1/30/11 9:41 am - AR
I just graduated from mushies to soft food.  My stomach is still very growlie, and I had shoulder pain, and pain in my chest. Almost all of my pains are gone now. Sides still hurt a bit when I walk, but getting better, and I get to go back to curves and workout tomorrow.It will get better, but at first, my life was ruled by gas.

rhythmcatcher
on 1/30/11 10:58 am - CO
yeah, the gas thing I really didn't expect but sheesh! it is sure there!
compulsive1
on 1/30/11 10:13 pm - Lake Luzerne, NY
I too have been very hungry, in fact I am doing soft solids and still going to bed very hungry, I am going to call the doctors office today and maybe talk to the nutrisit see if she can give me some help. It's so strange I feel like I can eat anything and nothing will bother me bout I won't dare. What I would call your doctor about ASAP is the calve pain that could be a sign of a bold clot and you want to be very careful.  The back pain is normal for me I still have it. Good luck God Bless.
Most Active