Finally My First Fill

bcarter1220
on 1/30/11 8:08 am - Scott, AR
I was banded Dec 16th and lost 15 pounds the first 3 weeks, I was so excited but  the next 31/2 weeks have gotten harder - I can eat about anything and almost as much as pre-op. I try to make good choices but not always successful with that and sometimes my schedule is so hetic I don't have time to eat so you know that deems in overeating when you finally get to eat. I want to get on track and make this new tool work for me.  I'm hopeful this fill will help me in many ways.  I'm nervous in the sense that food getting stuck but exicted that I wont eat as much and won't be as hungry.

Kate -True Brit
on 1/30/11 8:14 am - UK

Fingers crossed for you but don't be disapponted if you find that your first fill doesn't make much difference!   I was lucky and got restriction with my first fill but many people need several.

Hope you are like me!   Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

mary101678
on 1/30/11 10:12 am, edited 1/30/11 10:12 am - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
I resonate with you totally. I lost my first 12 lbs in a few weeks and it;s been only one pound since, right after my last fill.

Oh, and I am keeping a food diary, exercising (snow shoeing, step aerobics, walking tapes, etc), but still hardly any movement....

I realize that my weight loss has been about 1.8 lbs per week, which beats my WW average of 3-6 OUNCES a week....

The fill definitely made a difference, but only when I added in really dense protein like beef and chicken.

Those foods really stick with me and take quite a while to digest. Meanwhile, I will take this journey one day at a time....

Good luck!!!

spuddzy
on 1/30/11 10:39 am - NY
I had my ist fill last week and 1cc which didn't help me at all.. I had a rough week being hungreay and reaaly had to measure my foods each meal and write down in my notebook all foods. I don't excercise due to my back condition and have no thyroid. So I have to be careful for this to work. I was happy I lost 2.5 lbs. My next fill is in feb. which I hope will help me better. I hope yours works for u.

spuddzy

mary101678
on 1/30/11 9:28 pm - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
Yes, we need to be used to BABY STEPS!

2.5 lbs lost is better than 0 or a 2.5 lbs gain!

Keep up the good work!!!

Best,

Mary

Most Active