So I met this gorgeous young guy...

Lynn C
on 1/31/11 12:33 am

I'm not worried about my soul - I'll leave that for you.

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/11 1:07 am - MN
Question:

When people around you sneeze, do you say, "WHEN YOU DIE NOTHING HAPPENS!"?
Lynn C
on 1/31/11 1:24 am
What does sneezing and dying have to do with each other or religion? I believe that everyone has the right to believe what every fairytale lets them sleep at night. I also believe that I have the right to not believe. Just because I don't believe in a mythical "higher being" doesn't mean I'm a bad person - more people have been murdered in the name of this or that "God" then either of us could count-sounds like a big fat excuse to me- "God" and organized religion is a big part of what is wrong with this world IMO.

I say "bless you" but I don't specify who is doing the blessing - could be the Flying Spaghetti Monster for all I know.

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/11 1:30 am - MN
You DO have that right. I believe you have that right and will fight for you to have that right. I don;t agree with it. Not by any means. But you DO have that right!

But in your original reply, you pretty much trashed and stepped on the Original Poster for having eligious beliefs. And THAT, THAT, is what is wrong.
Lynn C
on 1/31/11 2:59 am
Ummm not sure how you see that but like I said - to each their own. Now I'm sure Kate has some other errands for you.

Lynn C ~

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/11 4:10 am - MN

You make me laugh!
Jean M.
on 1/31/11 9:00 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Brock,

And the fact that she can't even comprehend how her comment to me was objectionable tells you a lot about the state of her soul.

Well, when you first came back to OH, you complained that the band forum was too quiet these days...I hope this gave you a little dose of excitement!

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Jean M.
on 1/31/11 8:26 am
Revision on 08/16/12
I also believe that we all have the right to believe whatever we choose in a spiritual or religious sense, but implying that another person's belief is a fairy tale, and implying that my new friend is a myth by comparing him to Jesus is just plain rude.

If you want others to tolerate your views (even the offensive ones), you need to make more effort to tolerate their views. Or is that too Christian of a concept for you?

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Lynn C
on 1/31/11 10:07 am
I believe that maybe your animosity towards me has clouded your perception. My actual first thought upon reading your post was "geesh, you'd think he was a God" which naturally led me to "I wonder if he wears sandals and cures the blind?" but I guess the other interpretations could be accurate also depending on your views.

Lynn C ~

Ms Shell
on 1/31/11 4:16 am - Hawthorne, CA

Ok while it is MY opinion (to agree and disagree) the comment was unnecessary.

It IS possible to have a successful long term bandster.  Everything in life has a percentage.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active